Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for NFCU Cash Rewards & NAVCHECK now or wait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for NFCU Cash Rewards & NAVCHECK now or wait

Should I apply for NFCU Cash Rewards & NAVCHECK now or wait A couple weeks for a couple of accounts to update.
Current scores based off of myfico.com
EQ:640
TU:627
EX:637
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for NFCU Cash Rewards & NAVCHECK now or wait

Any negatives/baddies on your account?

I had similar scores with 4 baddies. Got approved for a $13k cRewards CC but denied for  $15k NAVCHECK (applied right after CC approval) and then reconned it for $1k

YMMV

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only bad thing on my report was a late payment to capital one last October. My lowes CC UTI is around 75%. Those are the only negatives on my reports right now. My other 2 CC's have low limits and the balances are near $0.
Message 3 of 7
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I really think you should wait until you are down to around 30% UTI that will raise up your scores too Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards CC & NAVCHECK now or wait?

When I applied to Navy all my scores were in the 680ish and I got the Cash Rewards Card $22,000
The GOrewards Card $20,000 and the NAVCHECK for the full $15,000 all with in a week they also run on there own internal scoring system I think when I did mine I had a 380 I think it goes to 400 maybe don't quote me on that it was somewhere around there I would wait but there r a lot more smarter people on here then me so se what they have to say
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

I really think you should wait until you are down to around 30% UTI that will raise up your scores too Smiley Happy

Back in December, they talked me into applying for a credit card (Platinum Visa). I was instantly approved for $3700.  On January 23rd, just for grins and giggles, I was in my NFCU online account and opted to apply for a CLOC.  I remembered others on here strongly encouraging folks to ask for the limit and, if denied, NFCU wuld present a counter.  So, I asked for the full $15K and was instantly approved.  My credit scores were probably around 600-630 and my utilization was around 52%-54%.  I also noticed their was no HP for my CLOC application.  I finally got the CLOC agreement today so I dropped the signed document off at a local branch and they said it'd be activated in 2 to 3 days.  Nope, not encouraging those with similar stats to apply as I'm still baffled how that happened.  Fortunately I already have my utlization down to 20% and looking to push it to <10% by March.  Yeah, I really need to get my scores up too!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever this question needs to be asked, the answer almost always is WAIT. 

Waiting in any of these "on the cusp" situations only will yield a more favorable result.  Constantly remind yourself that and hold off for awhile and in the end you'll be happy you did.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.