Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simmons first national bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simmons first national bank

Does anyone have any data points on Simmons cc?

I had a friend telling me a little bit saying that it was 8% interest.

So I was curious I called Simmons and asked which agency they pulled from and I was told TU. And rep also said that that require at least 630 but like to see 680 score. But I have read other places on the Internet where ppl say that Simmons requires excellent credit of around 740 ,if I remember right, and up with absolutely no dings..... I'm quite confused because the Simmons rep told me at least 630.....

Anyone have any recent data points?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simmons first national bank

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone have any data points on Simmons cc?

I had a friend telling me a little bit saying that it was 8% interest.

So I was curious I called Simmons and asked which agency they pulled from and I was told TU. And rep also said that that require at least 630 but like to see 680 score. But I have read other places on the Internet where ppl say that Simmons requires excellent credit of around 740 ,if I remember right, and up with absolutely no dings..... I'm quite confused because the Simmons rep told me at least 630.....

Anyone have any recent data points?

I can assure you that whatever rep told you was incorrect or misleading. You’re not going to be approved for the card with a 630 or even 680 score.  It is known to be a difficult card to get.   Having said that there are far better cards that will give you even lower APRs with credit unions if you have excellent credit. I really don’t even see the appeal of the card other than people getting it because it’s hard to get.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That what I was wandering..why in the world would a rep, who is suppose to know the correct answer, would be misleading or incorrect about that kind of information. And I did not even ask what score was needed. She just volunteered that info. All I asked was which credit agency they used.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had been eyeballing penfed anyway. I checked my eq score says 681 with 6 inquiries on it and 1 old late school loan that will be dropping off in another year and 48% utilization across all credit cards. I actually thought about trying to refinance my 2013 Malibu that has 100k Miles on it. At the moment I am paying 6.99% and have approx 40 or so months left. And while I'm trying to get that I guess I minus well try for a card. Any thoughts?

Sorry for posting this part under cc apps. It just kinda ties together, I think.
Message 4 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Op

Don't bother. your not even in their ballpark... (Simmons Bank) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

There are comparable offers with less stringent requirements... 

And if your rebuilding or have baddies... Don't even think of it as an option... 

Plus its not worth the proctology exam on your finances.... 

(edit: I was referring to Simmons Bank for a CC, Oldschool Southern Bank)

Penfed would be a much better option and they have become a bit more accomodating and accepting the past few years... Also if you dont fierst succeed with PenFed... read the forums about how to answer the survery to get a reconsideration.. And they are not afraid to tell you what you need work on to get ther

-J

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joltdude, are you talking about not being in Simmons playing field? Or were you talking about PenFed?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Joltdude, are you talking about not being in Simmons playing field? Or were you talking about PenFed?

He's referring to Simmons

Message 7 of 8
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Tryin2, 99.999% sure Joltdude was referring to Simmons. If you search the threads here they are tough to get a product from.

Penfed is a great credit union with a lot of great products and, they have helped many, many here with there needs. Suggest you visit their website and look through their products, and rates and come back with any questions. There are a lot of very helpful Penfed experts here.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.