Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped in it with SunTrust update: Denied

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Stepped in it with SunTrust update: Denied

I have been on a good roll. Talked myself into applying for one more personal card before Suntrust and BB&T combined.

Had EX frozen, but have had a few EQ inqs lately. Haven't received any alerts, was expecting an EQ pull.  (UPDATE: pulled EQ) Time to shut apps down.

AA came in mail today:

• Equifax Fico8 704/900
  • Insufficient length of time accounts have been open (3/6, 8/12, 16/24 - 6 inqs/12 months)
  • Proportion of revolving balances to CLs is too high (overall util of 19%,  4 0% BT cards , 2 about 45%, and 2 about 60%)
  • Excessive bank or national revolving accounts with balances (several cards are reporting very small balances)

aging, lowering BT balances, and better adherence to some AZEx before any more apps.

Screenshot_2020-02-24 Mail - Michael - Outlook.png

Updated my gardening weed date to today. Not sure why the graphic isn't updating.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Stepped in it with SunTrust

Good luck on your application!
Message 2 of 30
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Good luck on your application!

Thanks!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 30
blindambition
Senior Contributor

GL on the app. 🍀 

Message 4 of 30
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Maybe its just an verification letter

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 30
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Well even though you went down that road make the best of it and learn some new processes as you go.  If it comes back denied then go through the recon process. Some times you can turn a rough patch into a positive!

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on your application! Hopefully it's just a matter of verifying some info. Keep us posted.

Message 7 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

In the Sun we TrustSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 30
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

In the Sun we TrustSmiley Happy

In the sun we will find our purpose.  (If none of you have seen that movie, please disregard.)

Good luck, OP! Hopefully it's an approval! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to BB&T's Pre Qual site and see if you get anything there.  I have Suntrust checking went to BB&T last week and got approved for 3 cards.  Applied for 2 of them and got approved.   Since they have merged they will all be the same card anyhow.  Maybe BB&T's UW is easier than Suntrust.   Doesn't hurt to try it

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.