Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI Denied

tag
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Synchrony CLI Denied

Synchrony yas applied the brakes on me. I only have 2 accounts with then as indicated in my siggy. 8k Sams and 15k Carecredit. It's been a while since I've gotten a cli and was declined for both. I asked for Sams a month or so ago and asked Carecredit last night. Oh well, don't really need the cli but I want it. I'm getting itchy in the garden haha.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchrony CLI Denied

Hi @Jmbamman, I'm sorry to hear about your CLI denials.

Quick note... I've updated the title of your thread to be "Synchrony CLI Denied" rather than "Synchrony Shutdown", since around here a 'shutdown' is when all your cards are closed by the issuer, which unfortunately happens from time-to-time with Synchrony. 

With the edited title you'll have a better chance of getting input on your issue rather than repeated posts about account closures.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Oops didn't think about that. Thanks

Message 3 of 11
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

You must have hit your sync internal max limit.
Message 4 of 11
Jmbamman
New Contributor

@LittleSal wrote:
You must have hit your sync internal max limit.

If this is is the case, do you think i would get declined for a new account? 

I've been thinking about the Lowes card. 

Message 5 of 11
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

You may want to wait and let your internal limit grow.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be shocked if the OP hit their internal limit... there’s a difference between hitting the limit on one card and having more available to you on another card. To a pretty decent extent it seems like Sync counts each account with its own exposure maximum. 

Message 7 of 11
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Denial letter came I the mail,

Only reason listed:

Too many recent credit limit increases. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just let it lie and maybe try again in six months. That seems to generally be considered a reasonable amount of time to wait.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jmbamman wrote:

Denial letter came I the mail,

Only reason listed:

Too many recent credit limit increases. 

Too many recent credit limit increases or too many recent credit limit increase requests? Because I got the latter after I tried to double dip my CLI early last month so I’m just gonna try again in May. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.