Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Paypal 2% Mastercard CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Paypal 2% Mastercard CLI Denied

Hey everyone I have this card... got an $800 limit initially, my 3rd statement just cut and I applied for a CLI online and then by calling Credit Solutions and was denied from both. The letter said insufficient exeprience at your current credit limit.  My TU score is 754.  Anyone know how long you have to wait before you can get a CLI with them?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony Paypal 2% Mastercard CLI Denied

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone I have this card... got an $800 limit initially, my 3rd statement just cut and I applied for a CLI online and then by calling Credit Solutions and was denied from both. The letter said insufficient exeprience at your current credit limit.  My TU score is 754.  Anyone know how long you have to wait before you can get a CLI with them?

Based on historical data points, most people were successful between the 4th and 6th statement cycles. Given the denial, consider waiting until the 6th statement cycle and put the card to use and keep the statement balance low.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 3x CLI from $700 around the 6th month. I keep getting the "Insufficient history at current credit limit" and " You have asked too many times", so I let it age and requested again at the 6th month and done, $2100 CLI.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a 3x CLI from $700 around the 6th month. I keep getting the "Insufficient history at current credit limit" and " You have asked too many times", so I let it age and requested again at the 6th month and done, $2100 CLI.

Awesome! That's my plan now as well.

Message 4 of 5
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

My card had a $700 SL and I received a $1K auto-CLI after the 5th statement was cut.  When I got the notification, I clicked on the LUV button to see if there was anything left on the table and received another $1K CLI. 

I always PIF since I don't have a 0% interest for purchases bonus.  Highest monthly spend is $577.

For the next 2 months after the statement cut, I pressed the LUV button and couldn't get any LUV (only the insufficient experience message).

Fast forward to after January statement cut (9th one), I hit the LUV button for $8,000 and was APPROVED

RECAP - $700 to $8,000 in 9 months.  Per Synchrony, TU is 717.

YMMV!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.