Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony forgiveness?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony forgiveness?

I settled for ~50%.

I may try applying in September and see what happens. Right now I'm gardening so that I don't scare Chase with any new accounts on my report, and by September about 4 inquires fall off of each report, and my other new cards will have 3 or 4 months under their belt.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

September seems reasonable.

I mean worst case scenario its a wasted inquiry.

If they don't want to approve you for the unsecured Amazon card, they could offer you the Amazon credit builder card that graduates so it shouldn't be a wasted inquiry actually if you're willing to take a secured card to build that trust back.

Message 12 of 15
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

September seems reasonable.

I mean worst case scenario its a wasted inquiry.

If they don't want to approve you for the unsecured Amazon card, they could offer you the Amazon credit builder card that graduates so it shouldn't be a wasted inquiry actually if you're willing to take a secured card to build that trust back.

I would cry if they gave me a credit builder card Smiley Very Happy That's a good idea though, if I apply for the amazon card first then it'll be a good indicator of whether or not I stand any chance with other Sync cards. If they only give me a secured card, then that tells me I shouldn't waste inquiries trying to apply for other unsecured cards with them for a while.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synch is a known TU fan, pulling almost exclusively, and they’re very score-reliant. Your TU will get you in unless you really ticked them off somehow, and you should definitely recon an SL if it’s low - you should have enough score to get at least a couple grand IMO.
Message 14 of 15
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Synchrony seems very liberal with SL's, so since it's paid off I'm sure you'd be fine. That being said, I regret opening my CareCredit card, it screwed up my CBIC's harcore!

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.