Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony multi application questions??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony multi application questions??

I opened a Care Credit account in Dec 2020. 6k SL, (600 balance). This is my only current Synchrony account. I am interested in

the Lowes card for the 5% discount. I plan on maxing the Care account out in two weeks due to a procedure then pay it off quickly.

Scores at time of Care Credit approval were around 660 with five 4-5 year old CO's and two collections. One $9k collection has fallen off but scores havent increased yet. My question is this, since i was approved for CC would I have a better chance for the Lowes card

especially since a large collection fell off and is Synchrony open to approving multiple accounts a few weeks apart? If I am going to

app for Lowes i need to do it before the balance on the CC account increases. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony multi application questions??

I would recommend the Lowe's CC online pre-qualification to gauge the odds of approval, but I would wait until your scores are updated.   An item to keep in mind, though, if you apply for Lowe's and are approved, maxing out the CareCredit account (even for a short period) might spook SYNCB.  Just some food for thought.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.