Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Finally got around to making the last major edit I had been planning for a while. Apologies for the delays.

03/29/2013: Modified verbiage on method (c) to find account eligibility date, corrected some typos, added new 4506T section, updated generic CLI guidelines.

Sending a PM to Rev to get the sticky updated as well. 

Message 151 of 5,432
winner88
Contributor

Approved for AmEx BCP January 18th $5,000 limit, PRG (NPSL) Feb 24th and Mercedes Benz Credit card ($6,400 limit) Feb 26th.

Requested $15,000 CL March 25th on the BCP. Instant Approval. 

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 152 of 5,432
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Sooo I have something awkward (happy for me) to report re: Amex 3X CLI.

I applied online 3/29, received the 7-10 days written message which I had always understood was a denial.

Late Sunday I get an email that a decision's been made; so I navigate through their online prompts (why oh why isn't protected behind their account login screen, bad Amex, bad!), click on the Finalized button, and approved!

I login to my actual account, and there's my available balance of nearly 3K.   Apparently the 7-10 day written message may not entirely be the kiss of death I was lead to believe previously.

Tale of the tape re: account -

Applied 1/15 (give or take), Amex had first billing day of 1/16 I think looking at the January statement so I applied a little late, day 70+ for the CLI.  Usage / payments:

Both Feb / March I ran up my card to near max mid-month.  Feburary I waited till statement close to pay, March I pulled the trigger early and paid, then paid the additional charges after statement close, immediately before requesting the CLI.  Total 2.2K give or take on the card.

Edit: no this is not an April Fools' joke Smiley Happy.

        
Message 153 of 5,432
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

DENIED Smiley Sad 

Oh well. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 154 of 5,432
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Rev, good deal! Congrats.

@SpeedingWheels. saw in your thrread. Bummer Smiley Frustrated If you can afford it at this stage, then why not try to pay it back and maybe recon?  Even if not, hopefully you have the card backdated to at least get something out of Amex!

Message 155 of 5,432
Ancalagon
Established Member

I started off my BCP with $2,500 in November '11, they automatically upped me to $5k shortly thereafter. I requested an increase to $15,000 over the weekend, got the 7-10 day wait message.

Checked my email this morning, it was approved and active. Very easy!
Message 156 of 5,432
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Ancalagon wrote:
I started off my BCP with $2,500 in November '11, they automatically upped me to $5k shortly thereafter. I requested an increase to $15,000 over the weekend, got the 7-10 day wait message.

Checked my email this morning, it was approved and active. Very easy!

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 157 of 5,432
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

I'm not starting a new thread with the hope someone would be kind enough to address my query on here.

I got my 61 days 3X two months ago on my Delta.

I'm thinking to apply for BCE/BCP. When can I request for the next CLI on any of the cards?
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 158 of 5,432
ObieGrad
Valued Member

I have a Costco AMEX.  I signed up early in 2011 and it took forever to get approved, but finally I got a limit of $2,000.  About a year later I asked to have it doubled and got to $4,000.  Today, after reading this forum, I asked for an increase to $10,000.  I probably could have gotten $12,000 but didn't want so much as to scare off other crediors.  Got instantly approved.

I pay off my balance in full every month (though didn't during the 6 month 0% interest period) but don't pay it till fairly late in the payment cycle and can have as much as $2,000 on the card at times.

Message 159 of 5,432
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:
I'm not starting a new thread with the hope someone would be kind enough to address my query on here.

I got my 61 days 3X two months ago on my Delta.

I'm thinking to apply for BCE/BCP. When can I request for the next CLI on any of the cards?

6 months AFTER your last CLI on ANY card. As I understand it, even if you get a new card now you will not be eligible for a CLI on the new card at 61 days unless the 61st day is at least 6 months since you last got a CLI.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 160 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.