Did you mean: 

The waiting for the Chase marriott thread

tag
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Re: The waiting for the Chase marriott thread

Just joining the line here apped last night
Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 21 of 76
anelson524
Established Member

Also app'd last night, nothing yet from MyFICO regarding which CRA it pulled, not sure if it's because it hasn't pulled yet or because it may use my report from a previous chase United app I had last month.

I'm curious none the less with fairly high exposure with chase. I was really looking for a card with another lender but with the ability to transfer points is very appealing.

For those on mobile and can't see sig...
CSP $26,800
Freedom $6,400
United Club $29,000
Also AU on wife's Chase, freedom $15k and United Explorer $27k

EQ 791, TU 824, EX 817
AMEX Gold NPSL (06/84) || Chase Freedom (03/08) $6,400 || BestBuy (08/10) $3,100 || Amazon Store (11/11) $5,000 || Chase CSP (11/12) $26,800 || Chase UnitedClub (02/16) $29,000 || Citi Prestige (02/16) $20,000

AU with Wife: $27,000 Chase UnitedExplorer || Chase Freedom $15,000
Message 22 of 76
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Well I can confirm they pulled my experian again and my 30 days went to 2 weeks on the automated

I'm pretty sure they do the pull at the time of application and won't use same hard pull for different products
Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 23 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG, I want this one and the United one so bad you guys. But I am waiting on two deletes for PFD that should make my scores go right up, but I am afraid that my scores being in the 630s, won't support an app. What do you guys think with my scores being 632, 636, 639, can I go for it? I know that in two weeks when my baddies clear up my scores will rise but the 5/24 rule might be in effect. what a timing. Please let me know your thoughts.

Message 24 of 76
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG, I want this one and the United one so bad you guys. But I am waiting on two deletes for PFD that should make my scores go right up, but I am afraid that my scores being in the 630s, won't support an app. What do you guys think with my scores being 632, 636, 639, can I go for it? I know that in two weeks when my baddies clear up my scores will rise but the 5/24 rule might be in effect. what a timing. Please let me know your thoughts.

It appears you have already asked the same question 3x in separate threads including one you recently started.  Too much cross-posting would create confusion for members.  Just keep it in one thread.  My answer to your previous/same question:

Keep in mind that Chase not only looks at scores (albeit their proprietary internal one - CARS) in addition to other factors.  Honestly, those current scores would appear a bit low for either Marriott or United CCs.  I wouldn't waste a HP unless the scores would be above 650 (or lots higher) for best chances, all else considered.

Message 25 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It appears you have already asked the same question 3x in separate threads including one you recently started.  Too much cross-posting would create confusion for members.  Just keep it in one thread.  My answer to your previous/same question:

Keep in mind that Chase not only looks at scores (albeit their proprietary internal one - CARS) in addition to other factors.  Honestly, those current scores would appear a bit low for either Marriott or United CCs.  I wouldn't waste a HP unless the scores would be above 650 (or lots higher) for best chances, all else considered.

I know Fin, sorry I was excited to get a response as to wether I stood a chance. i get it, I don't.  Thanks for the multiple response. And my apologies for asking in multiple threads as it was not malicious. I will just wait until I get 650+ and be patient. Thanks.

Message 26 of 76
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know Fin, sorry I was excited to get a response as to wether I stood a chance. i get it, I don't.  Thanks for the multiple response. And my apologies for asking in multiple threads as it was not malicious. I will just wait until I get 650+ and be patient. Thanks.

Just check your scores after everything is updated on all CRAs (i.e. negative items removed) to give you an idea on where you stand.  Check your FICOs not FAKOs btw to gauge things.  If based on the updated info that your overall profile can support the new apps, then go for it.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Message 27 of 76
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

Just called and got the: "you've applied to more than 1 CC in the last 30days, the first was approved, and the second you'll hear from us in 2 weeks"

id be utterly shocked if I'm approved for it (I'm faaaaaaar over the 5/24 rule now with the app spree I just did)

Message 28 of 76
red259
Super Contributor

I called the automated line today and got a message I was approved and will get card in 7-10 days. Is it possible to expedite card? I do not know credit line. I have not received an email yet and it does not show up on my online account. Last night it was still giving me the 30 day message. Is there any harm to calling in? Can the application line give a false approval?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 29 of 76
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

I called the automated line today and got a message I was approved and will get card in 7-10 days. Is it possible to expedite card? I do not know credit line. I have not received an email yet and it does not show up on my online account. Last night it was still giving me the 30 day message. Is there any harm to calling in? Can the application line give a false approval?

I don't believe you can expedite it.  Unless you were directly speaking to UW or verifications which at that point they *may* provide the option.  I believe this is more so to link your Marriott or Ritz loyalty ID/account with the card.  I didn't expedite and should have mine hopefully this week which isn't that bad of a wait.

I think if you call 1-800-436-7927, then #, 3, 1, it should give you the CL, APR and high level details.  Try that red.

Message 30 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.