Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking on Applying for Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking on Applying for Chase Freedom

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah that will be my plan, but now they're back to the $200 sign up bonus and I'm screwed. haha

damn chase Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
recruiter89
Established Member

I just closed this card due to lack of interest in it. The revolving categories and having to sign up for each one was annoying and I really did not benefit from this card. 

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

why haven't they just automated that?

Message 13 of 21
recruiter89
Established Member

not sure. It is the most annoying part of the card. I missed huge opportunities to save cash or receive cash back by not going in every quarter and electing these. IT is similar on Discover but much longer span and rewards are better. I just didnt like this card. Plus I never looked at this card as a premier card even though some say it is. It feels to me too much like a Cap One card and I look at those as bottom tier cards.

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 14 of 21
Ragelog
Established Contributor

@recruiter89 wrote:

not sure. It is the most annoying part of the card. I missed huge opportunities to save cash or receive cash back by not going in every quarter and electing these. IT is similar on Discover but much longer span and rewards are better. I just didnt like this card. Plus I never looked at this card as a premier card even though some say it is. It feels to me too much like a Cap One card and I look at those as bottom tier cards.

They remind you to activate only about 100 times before the deadline the deadline runs until the quarter is nearly over and takes a whole 5 seconds.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

does anyone know for how much time do they extend the $200 promo? and, are they more flexible or more strict with applications in the promo period?
update: util on 51%

Message 16 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ragelog wrote:

@recruiter89 wrote:

They remind you to activate only about 100 times before the deadline the deadline runs until the quarter is nearly over and takes a whole 5 seconds.

If that... even with SMS option, which takes like 3 seconds.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, do you know for how much time do they extend the $200 promo? and, are they more flexible or more strict with applications in the promo period?
update: util on 51%

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive seen them rotate it about every 2-3 months.. its usually a standard $200 which isn't bad either

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, well if they do it often I wouldn't expext them to be more flexible with applications then.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.