Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To App or Garden NFCU

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

To App or Garden NFCU

Hello,

I had previously stated in another post that my NFCU secured card became partially unsecured, but last night they took the 1k out of my savings, so in the end I was mistaken, the card is 100 percent secured.

None the less, I am posting this because, I can't decide if I should app or garden. I have read on here that some have been approved for a NFCU Cash Rewards card while still having a secured card and with that in mind, I am itching to app for that card, to get the cash rewards.

I have been agressively using the NFCU secured card (4k CL) in the 2 weeks I have had it... charged 2550, paid 2900.00

I got a 3k NFCU shared loan in Mid May and paid down to 1k, the 1k reported on CR. I made (6) payments in May totaling 2k

My TU is 680

9 Inq

Income 123k

Ch 7 bk discharged 5/20

Balances:

Cap One 0.00 CL 500

Credit One 0.00 CL 500

Chase AU 5100 CL 23500

FNBO AU 2k CL 14500

NFCU shared loan 1k CL 3k

NFCU secured card (not repporting yet)

So, should I app or gargen ?

Thank you for the advice

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

Re: To App or Garden NFCU

@Andy77 wrote:

Hello,

I had previously stated in another post that my NFCU secured card became partially unsecured, but last night they took the 1k out of my savings, so in the end I was mistaken, the card is 100 percent secured.

None the less, I am posting this because, I can't decide if I should app or garden. I have read on here that some have been approved for a NFCU Cash Rewards card while still having a secured card and with that in mind, I am itching to app for that card, to get the cash rewards.

I have been agressively using the NFCU secured card (4k CL) in the 2 weeks I have had it... charged 2550, paid 2900.00

I got a 3k NFCU shared loan in Mid May and paid down to 1k, the 1k reported on CR. I made (6) payments in May totaling 2k

My TU is 680

9 Inq

Income 123k

Ch 7 bk discharged 5/20

Balances:

Cap One 0.00 CL 500

Credit One 0.00 CL 500

Chase AU 5100 CL 23500

FNBO AU 2k CL 14500

NFCU shared loan 1k CL 3k

NFCU secured card (not repporting yet)

So, should I app or gargen ?

Thank you for the advice

Garden for sure...

Let that relationship mature and give them time to feel you out. The more disciplined you are now the better off in the end you'll be.

I'd have to double check but I think when mine graduated it became a CashRewards (don't think I pc'd), making applying for it somewhat silly.

I did app while still secured at 4 statements for a second card and got a 10k approval. I vote you dig in, stand by and let some time pass at the LEAST for 91/3.

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 2 of 5
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Ok, I will garden.  I know NFCU is about relationships, would it make any difference to use them as my primary bank ?

I have read confilcting information, some say they have $5.00 in their checking and savings and have (2) cards with 35k limits each, so maybe it does not matter

What do you think ?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

Ok, I will garden.  I know NFCU is about relationships, would it make any difference to use them as my primary bank ?

I have read confilcting information, some say they have $5.00 in their checking and savings and have (2) cards with 35k limits each, so maybe it does not matter

What do you think ?

Nope! I have less than $1 in my NFCU checking and the mandatory $5 in my savings account. 

Message 4 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Andy77 

Not sure you are aware of this thread?

Some good Information on NFCU cards and CLI's.

Great Place for Questions Too!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.