Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many inquiries?

I really want to apply for 2-3 TU pulling creditors (Synch/NFCU) but i'm worried that the 2 inquiries I have already are too many. 

I opened my PPMC on 7/11, the first statement hasn't cut yet, is it too soon to apply for Amazon Store Card? 

Fico8 scores are mid 710's. TU average account age 8mos, longest 2yr 5mos. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Too many inquiries?

You can get approved with 30 inquiries if your report is strong enough. Problem with sync is if you apply for too many of their cards together, they tend to start lowering the starting limits for each new account.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 inquiries is very low. You should be fine with both Sync and NFCU.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Amazon Store Card first and then PayPal 13 days later. Sync didn’t bat an eye. 

NFCU doesn’t mind credit seeking either. 

I would app Amazon first and then NFCU. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Amazon Store Card first and then PayPal 13 days later. Sync didn’t bat an eye. 

Always love your input, thanks for replying and thank you to everyone else. Now here's my thing- do I apply now or hope that Discover unsecures me (it's the special month) and ups my credit limit, making my profile look more appealing? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Always love your input, thanks for replying and thank you to everyone else. Now here's my thing- do I apply now or hope that Discover unsecures me (it's the special month) and ups my credit limit, making my profile look more appealing? 

If you’re approaching the time when Disco will start evaluating unsecuring the card, I would wait and see if that happens since that event usually entails a CLI as well. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.