Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truist Approval - They Don't Know Where my Application Went

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truist Approval - They Don't Know Where my Application Went

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with Truist thus far and see if anyone else has or knows of anyone else who has been having issues related to credit applications saying they're approved, but Truist saying they can't find them anywhere in their system.

I applied for the Truist Enjoy Cash credit card and was approved on their website and given an application ID. The webpage said "You're approved!" gave me a credit limit and an APR and said to "be on the lookout for the card in the next 7 to 10 business days." 10 days passed, no big deal, I assumed it was the USPS being well... The USPS. On the 15th business day, I called in and was on hold for about an hour just to get transferred to someone in underwriting to sit on hold for another 30 minutes to be told that they can't find the application anywhere. They couldn't find it using my social, the application ID, my phone number, or any other personally identifiable information that supposedly would find the application. Their recommendation was to just submit an application, which I would be up for if they actually knew what happened to the first one. How is someone supposed to feel confident providing them with their financial, personal, and credit information when they can't even tell you what happened with it the first time you gave it to them?

It's pretty well established that their merger thus far has been a complete and total failure that their current customers are paying the price for, so I am assuming it will be resolved someday.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Truist Approval - They Don't Know Where my Application Went

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with Truist thus far and see if anyone else has or knows of anyone else who has been having issues related to credit applications saying they're approved, but Truist saying they can't find them anywhere in their system.

I applied for the Truist Enjoy Cash credit card and was approved on their website and given an application ID. The webpage said "You're approved!" gave me a credit limit and an APR and said to "be on the lookout for the card in the next 7 to 10 business days." 10 days passed, no big deal, I assumed it was the USPS being well... The USPS. On the 15th business day, I called in and was on hold for about an hour just to get transferred to someone in underwriting to sit on hold for another 30 minutes to be told that they can't find the application anywhere. They couldn't find it using my social, the application ID, my phone number, or any other personally identifiable information that supposedly would find the application. Their recommendation was to just submit an application, which I would be up for if they actually knew what happened to the first one. How is someone supposed to feel confident providing them with their financial, personal, and credit information when they can't even tell you what happened with it the first time you gave it to them?

It's pretty well established that their merger thus far has been a complete and total failure that their current customers are paying the price for, so I am assuming it will be resolved someday.

Sorry to hear that things got lost in the mix as far as your application, but your last statement hasn't been the issue for the vast majority of consumers. BB&T (pre-merger) did experience some issues with some applications, but most instances were resolved.

Individuals are still applying, whether direct applications or their pre-approved portal and receiving their credit cards. If the issue was so prevalent (even post-merger), you would see hundreds of posts echoing the same sentiment.

So, how did you apply? Was it a cold application or did you use the pre-qualification portal? Did you receive any confirmation via email with your approval? Has the issue been escalated to a supervisor and/or manager in their credit department? Is this your only Truist account? Are you near a Truist branch?

Message 2 of 7
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

I bought a car end of September, and agreed to finance through dealer (at a slightly higher rate than I had prequaled for elsewhere) for a better deal on the car (knowing I could refi after). I ended up with a BB&T loan (which turned into Truist like a week after the loan was processed). After making the first payment, I started trying to refi, and it was an abject disaster. There is no mechanism to get a loan payoff on Truist's website. Calling into their customer service number, I had a CSR tell me the could not give me a loan payoff - that they could only give it to the requesting financial institution who wanted to pay it off (which is ridiculous). Went to BofA (where I was refinancing) and had them request it. They refused to give it to BofA as well. Had a branch banker at my BofA call over to someone he knew at a SunTrust branch, and they said they would help. Went down to see them, and they told me they had no mechanism to provide me a payoff, and could only give me a printout from their system showing my account, the balance, and daily interest. This was enough to get BofA working, but it still took them weeks to get Truist to accept the payment. It took almost 3 months to get the refi done because of Truist and their system failures. So your application fail does not surprise me. 

I will say that almost all of their associates were very courteous and apologetic, though.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to Truist.com and applied on their website by clicking the apply now button. I eventually got an email from Truist showing all the same information that was shown on the application approval page days after I applied on the site, but they still can't find the account or the application.

I went to a local branch and was told point-blank that until I got the card, I am not a Truist customer, and they have better things to do. So, that pissed me off a bit. I went online and found the regional director for our area on LinkedIn and sent them a message and found their work email. They responded and said they would look into it immediately and get back to me as soon as possible. I got a call a few hours later from the branch manager I went to apologize for everything.

While I was at the branch there was a lady begging for help with her direct deposit and debit card issues so profusely and loudly that you couldn't ignore it like the employees were trying to. There were at least 15 people there trying to get help with stuff, and it's not like we only have one branch.

I would say that issues due to this merger are blatantly apparent if you look at Twitter or if you go into a branch. Direct deposit issues, debit card issues, login issues, password resetting issues, Zelle issues, you name it, people are expressing it on Truist Twitter and Facebook posts. So it's not really my opinion anymore and is reality.

Message 4 of 7
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

@Anonymous whatever happened on this? Truist just pulled the exact same thing on me from apps "approved" on 03/04/22.

Message 5 of 7
thaddaeus0627
New Visitor

Had the very same experience. applied through the pre approval page, came back with approval and also received an approval email with name and application number. I've been attempting to resolve this issue for over a year now, even went into the branch with the copy of email with name and application ID and card applied for, to this day I have never received any reply back.

Message 6 of 7
House1204
Regular Contributor

@thaddaeus0627 wrote:

Had the very same experience. applied through the pre approval page, came back with approval and also received an approval email with name and application number. I've been attempting to resolve this issue for over a year now, even went into the branch with the copy of email with name and application ID and card applied for, to this day I have never received any reply back.

I applied in November, got the email with application id number. Been calling since then. Was told yesterday that now they can't find my application at all. I also got a hard inquiry in November.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.