Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to help mom

tag
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Trying to help mom

Hey all with good credit. My mother is looking for a good visa. They do not agree or like annual fees period. Won't happen. They've had and closed plat Amex ect just cause of a trip to get into a certain area. She's in the 800's lots of income. I am not experienced with good credit so I ask for your help. Thanks all. 0 baddies FYI.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to help mom

Is she only looking for a "Visa" card? If so, Blispay, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited... that's all I can think of off the top of my head that don't have an annual fee and are Visa.

Edit: Fidelity Visa is another good one.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well what does she want in a card? That's the main question..
Message 3 of 17
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Cash back rewards. And yes she only wants a visa, she's got a few others already. I mentioned the above chase cards but not the other 2. Is the citi double cash back a visa or mc?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

MC
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If she shops at Costco she may want to wait for that visa. It's a great everyday card for a 1 card system
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayn wrote:
Cash back rewards. And yes she only wants a visa, she's got a few others already. I mentioned the above chase cards but not the other 2. Is the citi double cash back a visa or mc?

It's a Mastercard

Message 7 of 17
Mayn
Regular Contributor

I agree on that one. That's the reason for the move to visa to start with. Currently she's got joint acct with husband. But wants to get her own going. She does have a discover that she's had for years. And many other store stuff. Is the Nordstrom visa that great? Mentioned her just doing a PC from store card if it's decent. Idk.
Message 8 of 17
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

DCU Visa

NASA FCU Visa

PenFed Visa

UNFCU Visa Azure

She apart of NFCU or USAA?

UNFCU Visa Azure

Message 9 of 17
Mayn
Regular Contributor

She is not. Those would be great tho. Small town kinda thing and hesitant to all the online stuff such as dcu. U have to have an acct at dcu correct?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.