Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(UPDATE)UNABLE TO APPROVE = DENIED? Score pulled was 750 TU FICO

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: UNABLE TO APPROVE = DENIED? Score pulled was 750 TU FICO

@Involver wrote:
If the fringe bureaus are frozen it seems to eliminate any problems.

ARS and IDA will still show the INQs that may have otherwise ... disappeared.

I've read this advice before, but when I tried to google for both my search returned everything but what I was looking for.  Do you have urls you can share?  Thanks!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:
Although per MF decorum I do not recommend freezing any specific bureau for purposes of obtaining credit.

Sometimes in life, you are left with no other choice but to....... Isn't it?

Message 32 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely recommend CCs advice. Dont let thos jokers freeze you out.
Message 33 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sunkissed wrote:

@Involver wrote:

I've read this advice before, but when I tried to google for both my search returned everything but what I was looking for.  Do you have urls you can share?  Thanks!

google this... will be your first hit and probably some after..   

freezing-your-ars-and-ida-credit-reports

Also IMO they have no right in having my information.. They are just another leach trying to make money and aren't one of the major 3 CRA's or 4 if you included Innovis.  So nothing against the terms IMO about shutting down these people for good and it doesn't impact your ability to get credit.  There are more then these two as well, if you read up on this stuff it is staggering how much info people have on you.

Message 34 of 42
sunkissed
Established Contributor

CC, you're my new best friend!  Thanks a bunch!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 35 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

no problem, glad to help.. learned so much off these boards, pass forward stuff I might know .

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@Involver wrote:

google this... will be your first hit and probably some after..   

freezing-your-ars-and-ida-credit-reports

Also IMO they have no right in having my information.. They are just another leach trying to make money and aren't one of the major 3 CRA's or 4 if you included Innovis.  So nothing against the terms IMO about shutting down these people for good and it doesn't impact your ability to get credit.  There are more then these two as well, if you read up on this stuff it is staggering how much info people have on you.

I just read a ton via google..  That is ridiculous that these companies have such information.  What if someone hacks into their database and takes all the information? I am surprised as i never heard of them before. Thanks CC for letting me know about this.

Message 37 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to help!  Ya it is very bothering how many people have your SSN that you have no clue about...  Most likely some of these systems have been hacked as most major companies have been as you have read in the news.  If they have been, will you ever hear about it nah, cause it isn't a target or what not Smiley Sad...  scary

Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Glad to help!  Ya it is very bothering how many people have your SSN that you have no clue about...  Most likely some of these systems have been hacked as most major companies have been as you have read in the news.  If they have been, will you ever hear about it nah, cause it isn't a target or what not Smiley Sad...  scary

Bright and early tomorrow, I will be given them a call to have that frozen foreverSmiley Tongue

Message 39 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Bright and early tomorrow, I will be given them a call to have that frozen foreverSmiley Tongue

I had to send certified mail on both of them...  You might have luck calling though?  Just follow the instructions.. Got a reply back in about a weeks time on both that they were  froozen.

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.