Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** finally, a decision from blispay

tag
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

**UPDATE** finally, a decision from blispay

after 26 days in blispay limbo, i finally get a denial.   they say i will get a letter explaining why.  im very curious to know what reasons they give.  i have 6 inq's on experian.  TU has 9 and most of those are from auto loans.   they only thing i can think of would be too much available credit.  they took one look at my profile and knew they wouldnt make a cent of interest off of me. 

anyway, im just glad this whole blispay fiasco is over.  honestly, after this whole limbo experience, im kinda glad i didnt get it.  i get an uneasy feeling about them.

when i get the letter ill post the generic reasons they find me unfit.   im sure where im a PIF type of person wont be listed Smiley Wink

****UPDATE ****

today, 6/29,  i finally got the letter telling me the reason i was denied by blispay.  first, this makes me so angry i can barely think.....

only reason was  "UNABLE TO VERIFY IDENTITY OF APPLICANT"

they never even tried, they never asked me for anything.  only a phone call to verify my address.  i would have gladly sent over proof of address, and even an identity report i can get from equifax as part of my monitoring service.    they flat out denied me without even making an effort.  that right there, the lack of even trying, makes me furious. 

i wonder how many other applicants were denied with the same BS response.  with such poor servicing, perhaps it was a blessing i didnt get it.  i wanted it for the hidden tradeline but ill just focus on other banks. 

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: finally, a decision from blispay

@JcT21 wrote:

after 26 days in blispay limbo, i finally get a denial.   they say i will get a letter explaining why.  im very curious to know what reasons they give.  i have 6 inq's on experian.  TU has 9 and most of those are from auto loans.   they only thing i can think of would be too much available credit.  they took one look at my profile and knew they wouldnt make a cent of interest off of me. 

anyway, im just glad this whole blispay fiasco is over.  honestly, after this whole limbo experience, im kinda glad i didnt get it.  i get an uneasy feeling about them.

when i get the letter ill post the generic reasons they find me unfit.   im sure where im a PIF type of person wont be listed Smiley Wink

Congratulations, There is nothing especial about the Blispay Card, No Sign Up Bonus and they charge 3% foreign fee if you buy something outside of USA, Now you can focus on a better Card Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 19
blunderer
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that after such a lengthy wait your app was denied.  But since you were starting to feel uneasy about them it seems to have worked out for the best in your situation. 

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what the letter states as the reason for denial.

Message 3 of 19
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JcT21 wrote:

Congratulations, There is nothing especial about the Blispay Card, No Sign Up Bonus and they charge 3% foreign fee if you buy something outside of USA, Now you can focus on a better Card Smiley Wink

Other than the so far hidden credit line, the 6 months no interest no payments is pretty unique and worthwhile IMO. We just used this for a $9400 funeral expense which will be paid back as soon as the life insurance is paid, but it saved me showing that much untility on one of my other cards (even one that is currently0% APR) which I'm sure would have cost me points on my scores for a month or two. 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn that took a while to get the denial, sorry to hear. Look on the bright side, if they didn't want you as a customer, you don't need them as a card.

Message 5 of 19
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I applied on 6/18, called in the next day for the phone verification.  Then received a mail verification letter about a week later and called again, but told to wait another 3-5 days.  I never herd from them until today when I received a denial letter saying they couldn't verify my identity?  Lame.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 6 of 19
nrm
Frequent Contributor

That was a long hit, wasn't it? Smiley Very Happy Anyway, I'm glad it's over for you.
Message 7 of 19
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry.  Hope you can one in the future.  I know I'm still waiting on the ability to app for a CSP card.  

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their limbo process has been quite irritating and I can sympathize with all of you that have gone through it or are going through it.  Especially if it's going to be a denial, I don't understand why they can't figure that out right away or within a few days of applying.  I don't see the need to have people wait 3-4 weeks just to get a "no" in the end.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.