cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED - PenFed CC - Delayed Hard Pull/App Issues?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATED - PenFed CC - Delayed Hard Pull/App Issues?

I am curious how common this is. As few days ago I posted about my approval for the PenFed Power Cash card! However, I wonder if something is up as I have not yet seen the hard pull on my Equifax report.

My application date was May 14th, but I received both email and phone confirmation of the approval on the 18th. Also on the 18th, I received the risk-based pricing notice and the card authorization form, which I e-signed immediately. The credit card account showed up on my PenFed account page today, and includes the last four digits of the card, so I know they've assigned me a card number.

To make this even more confusing, the application status page shows "Almost Done" when I check it. I found this odd as this page showed the process as "Complete" on the 18th (I checked after receiving my approval). Finally, clicking the continue button then shows my application status as Pending, whereas it was showing Approved on the 18th.

I've seen some threads about similar issues, but those were from more than 1 year ago. Thus, I am wondering if this is unusual, or if this is a known and current phenomenon. Perhaps I am making myself a bit paranoid.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed CC - Delayed Hard Pull?

There has been recent reports of SP approvals. If not, then it may be a delayed hard pull. YEMV. Good luck and hope the SP sticks.

Message 2 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I will go out on a limb and say 6 days past your application, you probably were SP approved.

Message 3 of 11
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

The final step is when you check and see booked than you're good to go. Sometimes they can withdraw an app and reapply to deny your after you e-sign it if they feel it was a mistake. good luck!!!

Message 4 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

My last approval as well as cli we’re both SPs.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

To give an update, the hard pull appeared today, but with a date of May 14th. The app status page is still the same. My PenFed account webpage now includes the components to activate the card online, so I am assuming this means the card is being created and mailed. We'll see how this goes!

Message 6 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To give an update, the hard pull appeared today, but with a date of May 14th. The app status page is still the same. My PenFed account webpage now includes the components to activate the card online, so I am assuming this means the card is being created and mailed. We'll see how this goes!

Sorry about the HPSmiley Sad, I though for sure after that amount of time it would be a softie.

At least it look's like an approvalSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Sorry about the HPSmiley Sad, I though for sure after that amount of time it would be a softie.

At least it look's like an approvalSmiley Happy

I'm not too concerned about the hard pull. I expect it every time, so I wasn't upset to see it. I'm more concerned about the mixed messages I am getting from my PenFed account webpage. I just don't want any issues.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATED - PenFed CC - Delayed Hard Pull/App Issues?

Figured it was time for an update:

Everything seems to be working smoothly so far! I received the card while on vacation last week, so I activated it when I got home on Sunday. Oddly enough, the application page on my PenFed online account still shows the application as "Almost Done".

Anyway, I've already made multiple purchases, amounting to about $150, with no issues! My cash back amount has already shown up on my profile for the posted purchases! As the PenFed Power Cash card is working I went ahead and closed my Citi DoubleCash card, which I believe I noted was being replaced by the Power Cash card.

I'm so far very happy with the Power Cash card!

Message 9 of 11
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATED - PenFed CC - Delayed Hard Pull/App Issues?

sometimes we are used to the Big Bank experience where items are approved right away and cards arrive in 2-5 days

Credit Unions seem slower at everything - but i do enjoy the experience much more later on, once i realize it just takes longer to get setup initially

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.