Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Email offer "Exclusively for [name]"

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Email offer "Exclusively for [name]"

This looks like a targeted offer. I wanted to confirm it was, the email title was "Exclusively for my name", has a fixed APR, expiration date of 10/8/2020, and confirmation code. This offer does not seem any better than what is published online with the exception is the balance transfer is "15 billing cycles" vs. "12 billing cycles." I'm targeting the Altitude Reserve in October\November, so my question is, is the Cash + a pre-approval or indication of a strong chance at approval to get in with US Bank?  I will be 0/12 in new accounts with > 5% utilization on one card.

usbank.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ Email offer "Exclusively for [name]"

I'd say the email is likely to be marketing, but you still might have good odds at an approval.

You already have an existing relationship with them though right? That's a requirement for the Reserve so starting that now and having it in place with some activity shouldn't hurt.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@ccquest wrote:
I'd say the email is likely to be marketing, but you still might have good odds at an approval.

You already have an existing relationship with them though right? That's a requirement for the Reserve so starting that now and having it in place with some activity shouldn't hurt.

Right. I will have had a bank account with them for 11-12 months when I will apply.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed 15.99% APR instead of a range is considered a good sign with most of these offers. If you are going to be 0/12, Altitude should be cake anyway. 

Message 4 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fixed 15.99% APR instead of a range is considered a good sign with most of these offers. If you are going to be 0/12, Altitude should be cake anyway. 

Thanks @Anonymous , that's a good point regarding it being at the lower tier of their rates offered (13.99 - 23.99). I hope to get approved!

Message 5 of 7
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

I didn’t see this post before making my own, except I got an email for the Altitude GO. If you end up going for it, I’m curious if it will be an instant approval. I’m 7/12 so the consensus was it was marketing despite similar language to yours.
Message 6 of 7
minski
Established Contributor

I got my second USB Cash+ card as a response ro a mail/email pre-approval.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.