Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank/Elan app spacing rules?

tag
Remi1
Contributor

US Bank/Elan app spacing rules?

Hello,

What seems to be the rules, if any, for US Bank (and/or Elan) when it comes to how soon you can app with them again? 

i.e. Navy has its 91/3 rule before you can apply for another card, I've heard Citi has 1/8 and 2/60 rules, etc.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank/Elan app spacing rules?

I applied for US Bank Cash Plus on the 1st, instant approval, with new accounts 1/12. Then Elan Max Cash Plus 30 minutes later, again instant approval.

This was also achieved by @Anonymous, and others. I've also seen 2 US Bank approvals close together. Profile specific. Just know US Bank is generally inquiry and new account sensitive. Having 0-1 new accounts in 12 months. Elan seems to be a little more lenient, with DP backing that.

Message 2 of 5
Remi1
Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I applied for US Bank Cash Plus on the 1st, instant approval, with new accounts 1/12. Then Elan Max Cash Plus 30 minutes later, again instant approval.

This was also achieved by @Anonymous, and others. I've also seen 2 US Bank approvals close together. Profile specific. Just know US Bank is generally inquiry and new account sensitive. Having 0-1 new accounts in 12 months. Elan seems to be a little more lenient, with DP backing that.

Thank you. I have seen some of the USB & Elan back to back combos (congratulations on your approvals!). But I can't recall seeing two USB close together, or two Elan close together. So I wasn't sure if there were any different rules or spacing req's when it came to getting two from USB, or two from Elan.

Message 3 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Remi1 wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

Thank you. I have seen some of the USB & Elan back to back combos (congratulations on your approvals!). But I can't recall seeing two USB close together, or two Elan close together. So I wasn't sure if there were any different rules or spacing req's when it came to getting two from USB, or two from Elan.

Thanks. Other than being account/inquiry sensitive, US Bank only has one real rule. That's a prior relationship when applying for Altitude Reserve.

There was a DP on DOC, with someone getting 3 Elan MCP on same day. Can't confirm voracity of that, nor would I recommend.

Message 4 of 5
Remi1
Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Remi1 wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

Thanks. Other than being account/inquiry sensitive, US Bank only has one real rule. That's a prior relationship when applying for Altitude Reserve.

There was a DP on DOC, with someone getting 3 Elan MCP on same day. Can't confirm voracity of that, nor would I recommend.

Wow! That sure would be interesting. Yeah, three cards at a time is a bit much for me. I wonder what would've happened if they tried for a fourth? Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.