Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CLI is a HP?

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

USAA CLI is a HP?

Just like the title says and I haven't seen any recent DP's on whether if you ask USAA for a CLI through the phone or app, would that be a HP or are they lenient on that and only do a SP

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA CLI is a HP?

Everything with USAA is a HP. They love HPs. Best of luck to you if you decide to hit the button many people despite the HP have gotten decent CLIs from it so it could potentially be worth your time. As always YMMV.

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

CLI requests are HP.  

Message 3 of 7
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

CLI requests are HP.  

Thanks for the clarification! 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 7
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

Everything with USAA is a HP. They love HPs. Best of luck to you if you decide to hit the button many people despite the HP have gotten decent CLIs from it so it could potentially be worth your time. As always YMMV.

I was reading through an older post about people getting a good amount from USAA when pulling the trigger but I am still gunshy about pulling inquiries when most of my reports have 0/12 or 3-4/24 and of course getting my DTI and UTIL under the 30% mark even though their card is at 0 like most of the other cards except Navy Fed 

Message 5 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've not requested CLI's on my USAA or PenFed for similar reasons.  

I haven't seen or heard a way around it other than via an "offer" which haven't really been talked about here with USAA during Covid.  Some people getting PenFed Offers but I know we're talking about USAA.  Good luck if you proceed.  I'd be curious if they are more generous on a HP CLI versus NFCU at $4000 SP CLI right now.  Let us know if you proceed...

Message 6 of 7
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

It's funny because they get mad if you have too many HPs but you have to get them to ask for a CLI. If you have to keep digging a hole, you'll only end up buried in the dirt (or HPs as the case may be).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.