Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Cash+ App Review Message - Need some help

tag
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

USBank Cash+ App Review Message - Need some help

I just applyed for the US Bank Cash+ credit card and got the following message.

"Thanks for choosing U.S. Bank.
We're reviewing your Cash+™ Visa Signature Card application. We appreciate your patience.

What to Expect Next
You'll receive an application decision by U.S. Mail in the next 7–10 days. For your security, you might also receive an alert that you submitted an application."

What does it mean? and what should i do? ask for a low credit limit?

Be for applying: 745, 10AAoA, 2 Accounts

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USBank Cash+ App Review Message - Need some help

Its nothing to be worried about.  US Bank is different from most other major lenders in that they manually review a large percentage of credit card applications. You can always find out the status of your application by calling US Bank Underwriting Services at (800) 974-1444 and entering the info they ask for.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just nomal protocol. As the previous poster stated, they love to manually review their credit card applications. They should follow up with you on the decision by email in a few business days.
Message 3 of 16
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

not a problem with my low income of $24.8K and 10months of AAoA? What the starting credit limit on this card? $5K?

thanks guys 

Have the Following:

Message 4 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If approved, starting limits for the Cash+ begin as low as $500.
Message 5 of 16
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Still no email or anyting.

I may have made a mistake on one of the questions.

The question about something about outgoing/incoming cash, cashiers checks..etc from other us bank accounts.

What do they mean by "other us bank accounts"? other us bank accounts like (BoA, Chase, Citi..et) or just their bank?

should i call them about this?

thanks  

Have the Following:

Message 6 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned upthread, just let the review process take its course.

Typically, if they have any questions or concerns with the information on your application they would contact you. Your application was submitted less than 2 days ago and chances are it is still being reviewed.
Message 7 of 16
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

Just received the letter in the mail... Got Denied... unable to approve me because the following.

Insufficient recent tradeline history
Too many credit inquiries in the last 3 months
Percentage of account opened in the last 24 months is too high

Credit scoring system used Experian FICO Classic V3 - 738 score was @ 8-11-18

I dont see whats the problem. This is all that i got, no loans just 2 credit cards.

BoA Secured card - Opened: 1-29-17 (1 yr, 6 mos) @ 1% utilization 2K CL, 100% Payment History
Chase Freedom - Opened: 6- 5-18 (2 mos) @ 1% utilization 2.5K CL, 100% Payment History
so a total of 10months of AAoA, 2 Accounts, and just 2 credit Hard Inquiries but maybe alot of Soft Inquiries from checking pre-approved offers.

So what can I do? Should i call them?

thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Have the Following:

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won't see your soft pulls.  US Bank is a pretty conservative lender and you are going for a top tier card.  Your file is very thin and you just got your first unsecured card 2 months ago.  It couldn't hurt to call since you have already taken a HP for it.  Wishing you luck!

Message 9 of 16
CountryLad
New Contributor

If you don't already have one, you might want to consider opening a checking and/or savings account with USBank. They're very conservative and notorious for using their internal customer profiles to extend credit. You stand a better chance for approval if you have a USBank profile. Once you're in, they'll treat you well if you treat them well. Good luck.

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.