Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Propel pending

tag
CreditWarriorOne
Established Member

WF Propel pending

So I decided to app for the Propel and it went to pending. This is my first app in almost 7 months but prior to that I went on a four card app spree across Chase/Cap One. I've had a WF checking account for several months and told myself that I wouldn't apply for the Propel until I had an offer for it show up in my account, which it finally did.

I was surprised no instant approval, but I had the same thing happen to me re: the Chase Freedom back in January & I was eventually approved for that. One thing that could be hurting me is that I started a new job just before the pandemic hit, & even though I am still gainfully employed that does cut down on the work history with that particular employer.

Has anybody been in a similar situation with Wells Fargo before? How did it pan out? Fingers crossed because I hate to take the HP and get no dice. My scores are all 760+.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Propel pending

The offer shows up when you log in to online banking? Did you run funds like DD/ACH through there?

It might be pending because of weekend, but there is an application status check, over the phone, which you can try

I am curious as to how it turns out, as I just opened a WF checking yesterday for this haha

Message 2 of 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Good luck on the app! Hope to hear an approval!! 👍🏻 

Message 3 of 16
CreditWarriorOne
Established Member

Yeah, after I had the account for ~5 months I started having offers show up in my account main page. They've been bombarding me with mailers for the Cash Wise Visa a lot lately, but I already have the Chase FU and don't really need another 1.5x card. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully it'll be approved

If not you could always try for the CW and try to PC it later, which would be a new account with how they PC

From what I've seen they are mainly averse to new accounts/pulls

Waiting for the other accounts/pulls to hit a year to fade out the hits would help a lot if you don't get it this time

If you can contact them, check status, if denied ask for a manual review, as that is something that they will do.

Message 5 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditWarriorOne wrote:

So I decided to app for the Propel and it went to pending. This is my first app in almost 7 months but prior to that I went on a four card app spree across Chase/Cap One. I've had a WF checking account for several months and told myself that I wouldn't apply for the Propel until I had an offer for it show up in my account, which it finally did.

I was surprised no instant approval, but I had the same thing happen to me re: the Chase Freedom back in January & I was eventually approved for that. One thing that could be hurting me is that I started a new job just before the pandemic hit, & even though I am still gainfully employed that does cut down on the work history with that particular employer.

Has anybody been in a similar situation with Wells Fargo before? How did it pan out? Fingers crossed because I hate to take the HP and get no dice. My scores are all 760+.

@CreditWarriorOne, I would call them and ask "If they need anything" .. it could just be as simple as ID verification?

Message 6 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

4 prior approvals in the last 8 months = a decline Smiley Sad

Here's to hoping Im wrong

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 16
CreditWarriorOne
Established Member

I called the credit status number yesterday. Verified my contact information and was told that further action would be taken on Monday. No information to report on the application otherwise. 

So I don't know. I feel like it could go either way.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me back in November as well. I ended up calling in and providing some income information. I believe the next day I found out I was approved for the card.

I hope it all works out for you. It's a solid card with some good categories, and with no AF well worth it. Keep us posted.

Message 9 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good luck!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.