cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for 3 cards the same time, please advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to apply for 3 cards the same time, please advice!

Hi guys, I have 797 Fico score, 100% payment history, Stellar credit history. Have Discover, Amex Green, and Chase cards, 2% Utilization Ratio.

Want to apply for PentFed Power Card,  Capital One Venture, and Barklay card. I am new in this field, so please advice, is it smart to do the same time? I know there is hard inquiry for that, but was wondering each lender pulls separate inquire? Any other way to approach this with the minimum loss?

thank you.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
elixerin
Established Contributor

Re: Want to apply for 3 cards the same time, please advice!

unfortunately, there’s not much you can do without receiving inquiries. But what you can do is apply in order of what lender might be the most sensitive to inquiries to least, you score is good enough and the inquiries probably won’t hurt as bad as you might think
Message 2 of 23
elixerin
Established Contributor

also if you currently bank with one of the lenders you’re trying to receive cards from you may be able to get away without receiving an inquiry with a call in, best wishes!
Message 3 of 23
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

I would do Barclay first.

If you already are a member with PenFed, I'd do Capital one next... if no membership with PenFed, you'll want them to be your first or second application.

Capital One is going to do a hard pull from all 3 credit bureaus for your Venture card application (all credit cards actually).

The above is purely my opinion, YMMV
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunatly, I don't have an account of them.

@elixerin wrote:
also if you currently bank with one of the lenders you’re trying to receive cards from you may be able to get away without receiving an inquiry with a call in, best wishes!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much, so what I am going to do is: 1. create a membership, apply for PentFed, 2. Apply for Capital Venture, 3. third one *still looking for an appropriate.

@chiefone4u wrote:
I would do Barclay first.

If you already are a member with PenFed, I'd do Capital one next... if no membership with PenFed, you'll want them to be your first or second application.

Capital One is going to do a hard pull from all 3 credit bureaus for your Venture card application (all credit cards actually).

The above is purely my opinion, YMMV

Message 6 of 23
elixerin
Established Contributor

That’s great, did you manage to get the TU report fixed regarding your previous post?
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

not really, I stuck with the content, I sent you pm regarding that...

@elixerin wrote:
That’s great, did you manage to get the TU report fixed regarding your previous post?

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since PF will HP you when you start your relationship (assuming you don't already have one) you're going to want to do both the new membership and CC app at the same time. As others have said, CapitalOne will nail all three CRAs when you apply. Barclays can be an odd duck but they will pull TU pretty consistently.

If you're trying to score all three, all at once, you could roll the dice and go on a one-day "spree". If it was me, I'd do them in the order you most desire them.
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed (EQ)

Barkley (TU)

Capital One (EX, EQ, TU)

I would do PenFed first. You have to take pull for membership and sometimes a second pull for a card. Try calling in to apply. They might be able to use the same pull but the latest data points say they will pull again for CC app.

If approved you want to hit Barclay's next. They usually pull TU but you want to do it before the PenFed new account reports and possible lower your score

Then Capital One.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.