Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was AMEX blacklisted but when applied they just pulled my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was AMEX blacklisted but when applied they just pulled my credit

Back in March 2012 AMEX was IIB for ~$10,000-$15,000.  Well, throughout the years if I was bored, I would apply for a card on their website and it was always a decline.  Also, their reasoning was because they closed previous accounts.

Well, today I received an email from them about checking my credit and I figure it has been about a month since I applied last time with them.  So, I go to their website and apply for their Gold card. Well, I didn’t get approved, but they pulled my Experian file.

Am I off of their blacklist, do you think? Or could they be tired of me applying every month for the past ~8 years?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Was AMEX blacklisted but when applied they just pulled my credit

Having AMEX perform a hard pull is generally accepted as being pretty definitive evidence that you have been removed from their blacklist even if your application is ultimately denied. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I thought that was what I've read on here before, but I was wondering if something might have changed with their process. 

Message 3 of 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It seems you're off BL. That was a decent burn on them, so it could be quite awhile before a potential approval. Expect HP every time you attempt going further.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I think it was around that amount.  

I'm sitting there and I applied and the "no" response comes up. Then all of a sudden I received an alert from Experian on my phone telling me that a pull happened on my report.

I was like, hey, that's not supposed to happen! Smiley Happy

Well, I guess no more applying forme with them unless I am ready.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.