cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Platinum App Under Consideration

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum App Under Consideration

UPDATE:

Called 800-567-9521 to recon, was told app was declined due to (not surprisingly) too many recent inquiries. The rep on the phone – also super nice and informative – could not reverse the decision unless I had some new, different, or contravening information, which of course I did not have.

In the garden, will revisit in a few months.

Current Scores Jul 2019 – FICO 8
Message 11 of 13

@soupy5 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Wells isn't really known for recon results. You can call the backdoor number and see what's up with the application and go from there. I don't see much point in wasting a trip to the branch because you can get the same information from the phone number and I don't think it makes any difference in the underwriting decision.

Thanks, kdm - this is exactly what I was wondering... does the branch (manager) have any more juice or authority than the central app processing or underwriting depts.

Unfortunately, not the case in a variety of situations.  If the application teeters on a judgemental review, there may be instances where a banker can 'push' it along for clients with substantial depository or investment assets.   That said, outcomes will vary.

Message 12 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Thanks FinStar - good to know.

Current Scores Jul 2019 – FICO 8
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.