Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo is nuts

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo is nuts

👋🏼 @Harvey26 I was holding on to them for the same reason. Wells is EVERYWHERE! Maybe that's why they don't care if we come or go. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 26
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo is definitely not a relationship heavy bank. And if they are, they want large accounts, not small timers like us.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 22 of 26
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

A bit late of a response to your post @macinjosh  but if I may tell you my story with them, it might somewhat give you an insight...

July 2018, cold app'd for both USB Cash+ and WF Propel minutes apart. Was 5/24.  FICO8 EQ (USB hp) 750s... Cash+ Instant approval for $9K SL. EX FICO 9 770s WF denied even after recon (really wasn't a recon as couldn't even speak with UW)!!

About 56 days later, Sep 2018 , received a mailer just like your 2nd one with a preset APR.

App'd again with the invitation code. 6 FICO points lower in score but was 4/24 and 1/12 I believe... Instant approval for $10K SL!! 

Now we know it's always YMMV in everything myFICO world related but just wanted to relay to you how they declined me with a higher score then approved me weeks later with a lower score! 

Yes they're a head scratcher!!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 23 of 26
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

A bit late of a response to your post @macinjosh  but if I may tell you my story with them, it might somewhat give you an insight...

July 2018, cold app'd for both USB Cash+ and WF Propel minutes apart. Was 5/24.  FICO8 EQ (USB hp) 750s... Cash+ Instant approval for $9K SL. EX FICO 9 770s WF denied even after recon (really wasn't a recon as couldn't even speak with UW)!!

About 56 days later, Sep 2018 , received a mailer just like your 2nd one with a preset APR.

App'd again with the invitation code. 6 FICO points lower in score but was 4/24 and 1/12 I believe... Instant approval for $10K SL!! 

Now we know it's always YMMV in everything myFICO world related but just wanted to relay to you how they declined me with a higher score then approved me weeks later with a lower score! 

Thanks for that experience @JR_TX. I'm still mulling it over. Who knows. Last time they sent me a preset APR offer, I let it go and missed out.

Message 24 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

Thanks for that experience @JR_TX. I'm still mulling it over. Who knows. Last time they sent me a preset APR offer, I let it go and missed out.

It usually takes a couple of months from when the screening soft pulls are made until the offers are sent out.

Given that you had a recent approval and a recent denial based on the timing there may have been a substantive change in your profile since the screening pulls was/were made.  I'd keep that in mind while mulling over if and when you should apply again.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 25 of 26
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

It usually takes a couple of months from when the screening soft pulls are made until the offers are sent out.

Given that you had a recent approval and a recent denial based on the timing there may have been a substantive change in your profile since the screening pulls was/were made.  I'd keep that in mind while mulling over if and when you should apply again.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.