Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wescom... how did I forget!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Wescom... how did I forget!

I opened a checking and savings account last week and applied for a line of credit and a credit card last night both of which were declined with a 701 Experian pull only stating past delinquency's despite them all being paid and over two years old.

Reminded me that I applied for Wescom several months back to promptly be declined for the negatives with no real answer on how long they wanna see sense the negatives to consider you for Credit products I can't believe I forgot and did it again!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Wescom... how did I forget!

That is unfortunate about your denial. Perhaps, set up a spreadsheet or some form of application list?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're forgetting that you applied for things, is that not a sign that it's time to garden for awhile?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I for one completely understand. It's the proverbial one that got away..we all feel that on some level on all refusals. It's buried in our subconscious. We must pursue eventual acquisition. Funny, In my experience, once you acquire the CC... and you will..you will probably SD it and rarely if ever use it. You could get the same limit CC and Line elsewhere..but that will not satisfy. You primarily want it now because they've refused to give it to you. Yes, we on MyFICO are a different breed....or perhaps I am only referring to me? If so, I apologize in advance for my presumptive conclusion.
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I for one completely understand. It's the proverbial one that got away..we all feel that on some level on all refusals. It's buried in our subconscious. We must pursue eventual acquisition. Funny, In my experience, once you acquire the CC... and you will..you will probably SD it and rarely if ever use it. You could get the same limit CC and Line elsewhere..but that will not satisfy. You primarily want it now because they've refused to give it to you. Yes, we on MyFICO are a different breed....or perhaps I am only referring to me? If so, I apologize in advance for my presumptive conclusion.

🤣🤣🤣around here, definitely not just you!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not just you. I have been gardening the last 6 months so I can turn two US Bank Cash+ denials into an approval and I don't even have the kind of spend to really benefit from the card beyond the SUB, it's just because I was told no. 

That said, I never got to a point where I lost track of what apps I had submitted. I'm not being judgmental, I'm just saying that would be a clear sign for me that I needed to freeze my reports and garden. 

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think it's that bad I normally forget it's just all these different credit unions and I've joined several of them but usually I keep track of them because I'm a member of them but I think I had just applied to this one previously without becoming a member

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I quite agree. Excel is king. Before I joined this forum, the prospect of dispersing my DD over multiple banks honestly never occurred to me..now to get the SUB on banking account and lining up additional trade lines it is an integral part of my strategy..but tracking it would be cumbersome without my spreadsheet(s)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.