Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card to get next or should I wait

tag
vtguy25
Contributor

What card to get next or should I wait

So I am about to close the first credit card that I got after my BK7.  It is coming up on one year next month and I don't want to pay the annual fee again.  So right now in my wallet i have Barclay apple $2000 CL opened 7/14 Merrick Bank Secured $300 CL opened 4/14 (will close in April) Lowes store card $300 CL opened 9/14 and king size through commendy bank $250 CL opened 12/14 and then Milestone $300 CL opened 2/14 but this is the one I am going to close. 

I am 14 months post discharge with these credit cards and a car note all perfect payment history have tried to keep UTI down usually have a balance report on Barclay around 300-400 run about 1200 through it a month and always gets PIF haven't paid interest on any of these cards.  Tired to get a CLI on Lowes and Kings size knowing they were SP but was denied for both.  Scores on myFICO is 671 barclay score is 641 and bankcard score 8 from merrick is 643.  So I want to go into the garden after I close my Milestone card but not sure if I should try and get one more card before.  I would like to get a VISA or MasterCard something that usually gives a decent limit maybe some rewards.  Wondering what people think and any suggestions on what cards to apply for I would really like something with a SP also.  Wow I sound like I looking for a car the way I talk about these credit cards.  Looking forwad to hearing what people think. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card to get next or should I wait

@vtguy25 wrote:

So I am about to close the first credit card that I got after my BK7.  It is coming up on one year next month and I don't want to pay the annual fee again.  So right now in my wallet i have Barclay apple $2000 CL opened 7/14 Merrick Bank Secured $300 CL opened 4/14 (will close in April) Lowes store card $300 CL opened 9/14 and king size through commendy bank $250 CL opened 12/14 and then Milestone $300 CL opened 2/14 but this is the one I am going to close. 

I am 14 months post discharge with these credit cards and a car note all perfect payment history have tried to keep UTI down usually have a balance report on Barclay around 300-400 run about 1200 through it a month and always gets PIF haven't paid interest on any of these cards.  Tired to get a CLI on Lowes and Kings size knowing they were SP but was denied for both.  Scores on myFICO is 671 barclay score is 641 and bankcard score 8 from merrick is 643.  So I want to go into the garden after I close my Milestone card but not sure if I should try and get one more card before.  I would like to get a VISA or MasterCard something that usually gives a decent limit maybe some rewards.  Wondering what people think and any suggestions on what cards to apply for I would really like something with a SP also.  Wow I sound like I looking for a car the way I talk about these credit cards.  Looking forwad to hearing what people think. 

Without the BK7, I'd say you're on the edge of any worthwhile approval. With it, you will need to bring your scores up 40-60pts unless you can get into NFCU.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.