Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did I just do?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did I just do?!

Hi all,

I've seen many posts regarding the Apple Card by GS. In these posts, I've seen screenshots with exact term offers, so I was curious. I just went into my iPhone Wallet app to see what terms I'd be offered. It asked me for some of my info, then I hit accept. Once I did that a loading screen came up saying something like "Sending application to Goldman Sachs." However, I didn't see an offer like those posted here on the forums. As soon as I seen that message, I closed the app. When I reopened, the apply for Apple Card was still there. I'm just very confused right now. Why didn't see the offer first, or was I supposed to let the page load? 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What did I just do?!

You needed to let the page load. It submits the app and then shows you an offer to accept or decline after doing a SP on TU and pulling some other sources. 

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah ok..so no hard pulls unless you accept offers for apple card?

almost like a prequalify app?

Message 3 of 23
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Just to add to that, too, when it tells you your limit and APR, make sure you click on offer terms and conditions. It will give you your TU FICO 9 score on the last page. Another thing to note is that when you're done reviewing, just swipe out of (or click your home button depending on which device you have) of the wallet app. This way you can come back to it anytime you want during the next 30 days until the app expires. If you decline, you will simply not be able to go through the process again for 30 days. I've applied 4 times already, all with increasingly enticing offers. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 23
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're exactly correct. It's popular to app for the card because you get to see your limit and APR before you accept or decline. A free TU FICO 9 pull isn't too bad either! Hopefully GS doesn't get sick of people going through the motions repeatedly (although the general population probably wouldn't abuse that the same as we do.)

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the dp.

might have to check it out just to see haha

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's more like an already approved app that just hits you with the HP after you accept it. 

Message 7 of 23
donkort
Valued Contributor

If there wasn't a concrete offer----such as "$5,000 at 23.9% APR," then there was no hard pull.   You didn't even get up to the "offer" part.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, didn't realize Apple would let you see your sl and apr before the hp. I just app-ed for two new cards this month so don't want to add another, but after seeing this thread, I was just too curious. Went on to my wallet and went through the steps. After entering my info, there it was. I did get frightened like the op when I saw the 'submitting your application to GS' message, but came out the other side with a clear approval and solid sl. I'll be declining for the moment, but very good to know for the future. Thanks for the info!

EA6AC998-1F77-402B-B9AA-4EC7616655E9.jpeg

Message 9 of 23
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@donkort wrote:

If there wasn't a concrete offer----such as "$5,000 at 23.9% APR," then there was no hard pull.   You didn't even get up to the "offer" part.

To clarify, the SP pre-ap will in fact give you a solid limit and APR "$X,XXX at XX.XX%"...the HP occurs if that offer is accepted. 

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.