cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Apping for BOA, if denied do they counter with a Secured card?

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

When Apping for BOA, if denied do they counter with a Secured card?

Also who do they pull?  I hear good things about them so considering at some point checking them out.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
s73guy
Contributor

Re: When Apping for BOA, if denied do they counter with a Secured card?

Yes, they will counter with a secured card.  However, I have heard on here that not everyone gets the counter offer, only if you "qualify".  I applied for an unsecured card and got a counter for their 99/500 card.  With this card you deposit $99 and get a card with a $500 CL.  The card also will graduate to unsecured after about a year if it is well tended to.  Best of luck!

Capital One Venture: $30,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $10,000; PNC CashBuilder: $15,000; Chase Marriott Rewards: $10,000; Citi Double Cash: $9,400; Barclay Arrival World MasterCard: $11,150; USF FCU Rewards Visa Signature: $10,500; Suncoast CU Visa: $3,000; Discover It: $3,500; Nordstrom: $2,000; Kohl's: $2,500; Target: $600; Lowes: $6,900; Sams Club: $3,850; Evine: $3,000; HSN: $1,800; Paypal Credit: $4,350; Amazon Store: $5,400 --- EX: 726; EQ: 726; TU: 741

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They counter sometimes, if you're borderline.  They don't counter all the time (and some people even get denied for their straight secured card - the counter is the partially secured card as I understand it).

In my area, BofA pulls EX but it may be different regionally, I don't know.

Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

its not always a guarantee that you'll get the secured offer counter. If you do, sometimes its instant like the $99/500 offer, or it come by letter. It doesn't happen very often that Ive seen.
Message 4 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

BoA typically pulls EX for new apps and TU for CLI. Even if they don't immediately approve or counter offer they're pretty good with reconsideration requests.
Message 5 of 8
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Well, they pulled EX and it was a 7-10.  I will call them because my last baddie is over 3 years old and my siggy is up to date so I just assumed that it would be good enough for their secured card.  Oh well, onward and upward! 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Definitely call and keep us posted. Good luck!
Message 7 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Definitely call and keep us posted. Good luck!

Good Luck OP we're pulling for ya!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.