Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CR does Chase use?

tag
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Which CR does Chase use?

I keep hearing that Chase has some really good CCs and what not, and was kinda curious about apping with them. I know I should be gardening, given my less than stellar CSs, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Do they pull EQ, TU, EX, or perhaps some unholy combination of the 3. I know Cap 1 pulls ALL 3, which to me is criminal, especially since a lot of people choose them since they're usually a bit easier to get and are needed to build up their portfolio, so a HP on all 3 is a bit much IMO.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. I'm mostly interested in a BT CC.

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which CR does Chase use?

As with most banks, they can and do pull from any of the 3 bureaus. It generally tends to be one in a given area, but in my case they hit TU for CSP app, and EX for FU app.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MadTechnologist wrote:

I keep hearing that Chase has some really good CCs and what not, and was kinda curious about apping with them. I know I should be gardening, given my less than stellar CSs, but curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Do they pull EQ, TU, EX, or perhaps some unholy combination of the 3. I know Cap 1 pulls ALL 3, which to me is criminal, especially since a lot of people choose them since they're usually a bit easier to get and are needed to build up their portfolio, so a HP on all 3 is a bit much IMO.

They wont pull all 3 but are known for pulling 2 at a time while others only get  a single report pulled.  It can vary by state so your best bet is too Google 'credit pulls database' and check there.

Message 3 of 17
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MadTechnologist wrote:

They wont pull all 3 but are known for pulling 2 at a time while others only get  a single report pulled.  It can vary by state so your best bet is too Google 'credit pulls database' and check there.

I have never heard of this site, but I will definitely be using it from now on, thanks! Smiley Happy

It seems that some people did get approved with scores in my range. But, not many, so it's definitely a YMMV type of thing.

Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016

Message 4 of 17
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As with most banks, they can and do pull from any of the 3 bureaus. It generally tends to be one in a given area, but in my case they hit TU for CSP app, and EX for FU app.

So they pulled different CR for 2 different cards, but only1 at a time for you?

Message 5 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MadTechnologist wrote:

My experience has been that they pull EX.

But I have heard reports of them doing a double pull too.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 17
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MadTechnologist wrote:

My experience has been that they pull EX.

But I have heard reports of them doing a double pull too.

Ok, thanks. So, it's literally the luck of the draw with them. They can pull any of the 3, or a combination. Good to know, and thanks.

I just app'ed for Citi the other day since I heard they pull EX, which they did. But they also seemed to check EQ. Guess I'm just "lucky" that way.

Message 7 of 17
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

EX will be pulled most of the time by default when it comes to Chase. For my marriot, they pulled TU and EX in IL

Message 8 of 17
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Pulled TU and Ex for my Disney

Message 9 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

4 Chase apps and approvals resulted in 4 EX and 4 TU pulls.

1 Chase CLI request resulted in 2 EX and 1 TU pull.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.