Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should I go for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card should I go for?

All baddies are gone from my credit file. All 3 scores using FICO 9 are 765 +/- 6 points. I have two active cards - a Cap1 with a $550 credit limit, $50 credit balance caused by them converting my secuired card into an unsecured card and transferring the security to the card balance, and a Credit Union secured card, $500 limit, $0 balance. My mortgage funded, so that is now a dead issue and new inquiries will not jeopardize the mortgage.

7+ years ago I burned the following:

Chase

Wells Fargo

BMO Harris Bank

Discover

Amex will never give me a card because my father took out a card in my name when I was a teenager and burned them. They still hold that against me, I am over 60 years old so that had to be at least 50 years ago.

I really don't use or need any credit cards - I just have them to improve my scores for auto and homeowners insurance.

Any suggestions on what card or cards I should go for?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card should I go for?

There are some nice Citi cards. Double cash might benefit you or if you travel the Citi AAdvantage card has a good bonus going for American Airlines
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card should I go for?

@Anonymous wrote:

All baddies are gone from my credit file. All 3 scores using FICO 9 are 765 +/- 6 points. I have two active cards - a Cap1 with a $550 credit limit, $50 credit balance caused by them converting my secuired card into an unsecured card and transferring the security to the card balance, and a Credit Union secured card, $500 limit, $0 balance. My mortgage funded, so that is now a dead issue and new inquiries will not jeopardize the mortgage.

7+ years ago I burned the following:

Chase

Wells Fargo

BMO Harris Bank

Discover

Amex will never give me a card because my father took out a card in my name when I was a teenager and burned them. They still hold that against me, I am over 60 years old so that had to be at least 50 years ago.

I really don't use or need any credit cards - I just have them to improve my scores for auto and homeowners insurance.

Any suggestions on what card or cards I should go for?

I'm not sure about Amex but it might be worth it giving the other banks a shot again. I burned Citi and Cap1 when I was in college and incrediably irresponsible with my finances. I now have CC accounts with both of them again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.