cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

I got the thirty day thing as well, but I checked a few days later and noticed chase opened the account and I received the card about 5 business days after initial application.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your profile is better than mine was when I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve. 

Maybe apply for that and if they deny then shoot for the CSP. Would be 2 HP's though. 

Message 12 of 14
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

-snip-

Message 13 of 14
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

So I called the recon line and learned that I was unfortunately denied. The agent told me that he would have to uphold it after reconsideration because:

• Too many Chase credit accounts opened within the past thirty days
  • Not enough accounts opened long enough to establish a credit history

Now, my Amazon Prime CC was initially denied for the same second reason (not enough accounts), but it was overturned and approved by recon. So would I be able to call back in ~20 days when it's past the 30 day mark for my last Chase account opened and try to recon again, or do I have to apply again? Do I have any chances considering the same happened with my Amazon card?

It's funny, because after all the research I did on Chase, I wasn't able to find anything about this 30 day policy.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.