Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Pre-Approval

tag
capnsloya
Contributor

X1 Pre-Approval

I've been seeing this card in the forums for a little while and saw that they do soft pull approvals like the Apple Card (Note, they will pull your Experian credit if you accept their offer). 

I don't need the card so I didn't accept the offer. Just had an application itch and wanted to see what I could theoretically get with them Smiley Tongue

Decided to post results for anyone that might find the data points useful.

They pulled an 806 Experian. 

$17,000 starting limit

19.25% APR

22FDF0FF-EC94-40DB-9411-3C170FA48FCC.jpeg

A6132C22-897D-4B06-9B09-B0C4C12C95F3.jpeg

AFFCD43D-EB56-440D-90EE-0C86C90187E1.jpeg

Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Blender
Established Contributor

Re: X1 Pre-Approval

I just recently got an email from them saying I am eligible to reapply. I probably would have taken them up on their offer if I stayed in the role I was in a few weeks ago. My credit scores dont match and my income is significantly less. Oh well, I'll get some metal one day..

4/2024

Message 2 of 8
captainsensation
Regular Contributor

@Blender wrote:

I just recently got an email from them saying I am eligible to reapply. I probably would have taken them up on their offer if I stayed in the role I was in a few weeks ago. My credit scores dont match and my income is significantly less. Oh well, I'll get some metal one day..

Were you denied the first time?

BronzeSpade.png

AMEX Delta SkyMiles Blue Card: 10K, AMEX Bread Cash Back: 12k, PenFed PCR: 17.5K, PenFed Gold: 10K, FNBO: 5.6K, CapOne Venture: 5.5K. Chase Amazon: 3K, Gamestop 3k, Best Egg, 2.5K, GM Rewards 2K, Apple Card 2.8K, Tomo 1K, American Express 19.5K (AU), Ally 1.8K AMEX BCP 1K
Message 3 of 8
Blender
Established Contributor

@captainsensation wrote:

@Blender wrote:

Were you denied the first time?

BronzeSpade.png

Yes. scores were similar. income was at 82k. Then I took a travel contract and could prove 132k but couldnt reapply. No Im back in the 80k range

4/2024

Message 4 of 8
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the DP. They still using Plaid for income verification? Couldn't get past that last time because my paycheck deposits across several banks, and they wouldn't take a paystub. 

yeah, first world problem I know :-)

Message 5 of 8
capnsloya
Contributor

@CCrew, yeah they're using Plaid for income verification. I have all my deposits go to one account so it was easy in that regard but I can see how they can make it difficult if you have deposits split into several accounts

Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 6 of 8
CCrew
Regular Contributor

@capnsloya wrote:

@CCrew, yeah they're using Plaid for income verification. I have all my deposits go to one account so it was easy in that regard but I can see how they can make it difficult if you have deposits split into several accounts

Thanks. Just for giggles I applied and let them scan an account that I put $400 into every paycheck and they approved for $5k, so have to wonder about their underwriting standards! I bailed on the app and am getting twice weekly emails to complete the app. Naaaaaaa. :-)

Message 7 of 8
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@CCrew wrote:

@capnsloya wrote:

Thanks. Just for giggles I applied and let them scan an account that I put $400 into every paycheck and they approved for $5k, so have to wonder about their underwriting standards! I bailed on the app and am getting twice weekly emails to complete the app. Naaaaaaa. :-)

How does this work if you have a joint bank account with only one person depositing into it? I'm on my husband's account and his is the one with the large  deposits my account is just a recreational one for small monthly things our kids need as i only work part time with a small income. Can i use our joint account to apply?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.