Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank of america customized offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bank of america customized offers

Hi all,

When I click credit cards from within my BOA account it shows 1 recommended card and then a few customized offers, Do they mean anything or are they just generic? Are they worth a HP?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bank of america customized offers

Generic offers

I take it you’re not a BOA customer? ie checking/savings account?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i am that is why i wondered if the customized offers mean anything. If they were such as a pre-approval what would i see?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best bet... go into a bank and ask if there are pre approvals.

Or if you’re logged into your actual bank account see if there are any offers for you aside from the generic customized offers screen
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA doesn't do them.  If you don't see "PRE-SCREEN OPT-OUT" on an applcationt then it's purely marketing.  When you pre-qual for Cap1 for instance you'll see the bolded notice at the bottom.

If you pull the trigger they'll typically do a single pull in comparison to other banks that do 2 or 3 pulls across multiple CRA's.  I took one on EX for BOA CR that yielded a 10K CL and grew within ~2 years to 65K at which point that's all they will give me at this point despite waiting and hitting the button a couple more times over the past year or so.

Having a deposit account with them can be both helpful and a disadvantage at the same time depending on how you're using it.  If it's a low balance and no transactions it probably won't help much.  I don't bank with BOA since my CU pays much better APY than BOA or any big bank would ever.

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

These are simply recommendations OP, not pre-approved offers.  For BoA pre-approved offers, those usually display through your online account via the offers portal (especially if you have a depository or brokerage relationship), or if you receive a mailer that explicitly states you are pre-approved, or at the branch. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Best bet... go into a bank and ask if there are pre approvals.

Or if you’re logged into your actual bank account see if there are any offers for you aside from the generic customized offers screen

It's still the same marketing garbage.

I did this for the PR and it popped up and still denied for the same reasons as w/o using it.

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

BOA doesn't do them.  If you don't see "PRE-SCREEN OPT-OUT" on an applcationt then it's purely marketing.  When you pre-qual for Cap1 for instance you'll see the bolded notice at the bottom.

If you pull the trigger they'll typically do a single pull in comparison to other banks that do 2 or 3 pulls across multiple CRA's.  I took one on EX for BOA CR that yielded a 10K CL and grew within ~2 years to 65K at which point that's all they will give me at this point despite waiting and hitting the button a couple more times over the past year or so.

Having a deposit account with them can be both helpful and a disadvantage at the same time depending on how you're using it.  If it's a low balance and no transactions it probably won't help much.  I don't bank with BOA since my CU pays much better APY than BOA or any big bank would ever.

The bolded part is inaccurate.  They generate such offers although not as frequent as most other lenders.  In fact, 3 of my BoA approvals including the most recent business CC were pre-approved. Not pre-selected nor recommendations.  1 of them was a mailer.  So, let's not cite absolutes when there's other anecdotal evidence to the contrary. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your responses. I am in a rebuilding process and really trying to learn about the pre-approval options. I am waiting for a couple of AU accounts I was added to this month to post and i think is going to give my FICO's a boost specifically because of the ages and history. Lord I hope so because getting all of the bad things off your credit is one thing but getting someone to give you a valuable chance that I can benefit from is another. thanks again to those who have responded. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.