Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bj's mastercard

tag
justanotherquestion
Contributor

bj's mastercard

i was looking at the application after logging onto my bj's account and when i clicked apply all my information auto populated except income and last 4 of ssn. is this a soft pull card? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bj's mastercard

I don't thank so. SCT will usually give you a firm offer before entering yours SS#.  As always YMMV. Thanks

Message 2 of 6
justanotherquestion
Contributor

it was a straight application, auto populated info and only put last 4 of ssn, then 7-10 day message. weird. wasnt sure if that was normal for the card or not.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same. I did not apply but my info was automatically  inserted. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

It's a good card if you make sure you PIF every months, well other than beling backed by Comenity. I refuse to have anythiung to do with Comenity, but the DW has this card and we take advantage of the 2% cash back bonuses when they hit $20 and especially the 10 cents off at the pump for gas which is already one of the cheapest in town. 

We have a Costco, BJ's and Sam Club all within a mile of each other so they beat each other up on gas prices, Sam's gives cash back on gas, but it's a once a year check, BJ's takes it off at the pump at the time of purchase - don't belong to Costco, no need with the other two.

DW's BJ's card has a CL of $7300 and a typical Comenity high APR of 25.24% - 100% pay in ful every month or don't use the card !!

Opening the account was a HP, CLI request are not.

Message 5 of 6
KillerCut
Established Member

This card was a soft pull for me in store. Approved for 24k. a week later I decided to go for another comenity card online. they did a hard pull. the next day they closed my bjs card and said I had too many inquiries. I am ANGRY!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.