Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does it take?

With scores like mine, where to apply? how long does it take from the time you apply, to get a decision, & recieve card in mail?

was denied for Navy Federal nrewards today. 

FICO Score 8 based on Equifax 495
FICO Score 8 based on TransUnion 485
FICO® Score 8 based on Experian 476

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long does it take?

Folks here will be able to help you tremendously, it's a wonderful place.  But for that to get started you will need to lay out the reasons for your current scores (baddies, lates, collections, BK, etc.).

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With scores like mine, where to apply? how long does it take from the time you apply, to get a decision, & recieve card in mail?

Welcome to myfico. I hate to be brutally honest but with scores like yours, I wouldn't be applying for anything. To get very good answers, you will have to be very open about your credit profile.  Why are your scores so low?  Do you have any baddies?

Also, if you have not done so already check out the rebuilding sub section on here.  It has a wealth of infomation.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below you will see what classifies as Adverse Accounts.

You will see I am close to being finished paying a Judgment of $1362.24 (balance is down to $117.24) which was from Midland Funding from a debt from Chase Bank. I was scheduled to pay $113.52 per month but have paid more than that each time.

Midland also now holds 2 other debts, one from Target and one from an American Eagle card.

Portfolio Recovery has old Belk and WalMart card debts.

I have a few listed that you will see have been paid (yay!)

One I was given a 1099-C for tax year 2013.

2 old medical debts.

One old PayPal card debt that says was purchased by another lender but I have no idea where that has gone to.

& then student loan debt. I am currently in a Loan Rehabilitation Agreement (credit due to these forums) with Kentucky Higher Education. They are deducting $20.00 per month.

***Noo! It won't let me post my clear, detailed spreadsheet!!  

So here is a short, messy version  =(

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC    (CHASE/BANK ONE CARD SERV)      paying on Judgment

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC    (TARGET)              Last Payment Made: 6/10/2010   Estimated Remove: May 2017   Current Balance: $688.72

Midland Credit Management (American Eagle)      Last Payment Made: 11/17/2009   Estimated Remove: May 2017   Current Balance:$344.12

Portfolio Recovery (Belk)      Last Payment Made: 6/15/2012    Estimated Remove: Jul 2017    Original Charge Off: $49

Portfolio Recovery (WalMart)      Last Payment Made: 6/7/2010    Estimated Remove: May 2017

CAPITAL ONE        Estimated Remove 2017         Paid in settlement               Date Paid: 01/15/2011

SYNCB/OLD NAVY                PAID COLLECTION (Finished Jan 2014 thru PORTFOLIO RECOVERY)

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY (COMENITY/VCTRSSEC)              PAID COLLECTION          (Finished 11/29/2014)

COMENITY BANK/LIMITED            PAID IN FULL / WAS A CHARGE OFF

DSNB/MACYS                     Paid in settlement. $259 written off 

CHASE            Charged Off          1099-C tax yr 2013

HOLLOWAY CREDIT SOLUTIONS, LLC    (MEDICAL-CENTRAL NEUROLOGY CLINIC)      Placed collection:11/10/2010       Balance: $55

MEDICAL DATA SYSTEMS INC          (MEDICAL-FLOWERS HOSPITAL)        Placed Collection:7/20/2012                        Balance: $100

SYNCB/PAYPALSMARTCONN     Last Payment made: 12/10/2010          Estimated Remove: May 2017     PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER; UNPAID BALANCE CHARGED OFF

KY HIGHER EDU ASST AUTH                   paying $20 monthly

US DEPT OF EDUCATION/GLE                 paying $40 monthly

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.. You have to be at certain level to be able to add attachment.  No worries, as if you keep posting you will be able to add/link spreadsheets etc..

If you want to start, the best way if you have not done so is to get secured cards.  Do you have any now?

Message 5 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Secured card sounds like your best route. You probably wont qualify for BOA secured but if you have a checking account with them, you might,

Overstock has a secured mastercard that might be easy to get. US Bank also has one but not the best terms. 

I found an old capitalone credit card terms from 2011 with for my platinum mastercard I opended back then. $300 dollar limit and it gave me my fico score with a graph of how I compared to others, my score was 550. And, I had burned them 3 times when I was younger. They are forgiving. 

Try for a cap 1 plat. mc or secured cap 1 card. 

Message 6 of 8
degs138
Established Contributor

Who do you bank with?  If you bank with Wells Fargo try for their secured card.  Cap one secured is another option.  Keep your utilization low and PIF.  Looking at your Credit file you might not be able to app for anything unsecured until 2017.

I would start sending GW letter to any companies you have paid off or any collection agencies that you have paid in full.  You can try good will to the settled debts but it might not be as effective.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 7 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone had to start somewhere regardless as others have mentioned at present (temporarily) your scores cannot support very many unsecured products with the exception of a possible store/gas card for rebuilding purposes but even then it would be questionable. The good news is that your working on rehabing the collection accounts and getting them in order is key, the second step would be on getting a secured card, I would also suggest considering a Capitol One card just stay the course you'll get there.

~All the best Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.