Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shopping cart trick comenity DOES NOT WORK NOVEMBER 2018

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

shopping cart trick comenity DOES NOT WORK NOVEMBER 2018

So I read all these wonderful stories of how people were able to "trick" Comenity's affiliates to issue credit.  Sorry folks it just does not work!  I followed the instructions to a T, nada! My fico score is 711, never had a bankruptcy never blew out any of comenity's accounts (never had one) and cleared cache, cookies, & allowed pop-ups all that--absolutely nothing was offered to me!  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: shopping cart trick comenity DOES NOT WORK NOVEMBER 2018

I never tried it. But I did have an account with VS from previous shopping 🛍. I seen at the top of the page that I was “preapproved for $350 VS credit card” while logged in, it was an instant approval. I was shocked. I didnt do anything special for it to pop up.
Message 2 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I read all these wonderful stories of how people were able to "trick" Comenity's affiliates to issue credit.  Sorry folks it just does not work!  I followed the instructions to a T, nada! My fico score is 711, never had a bankruptcy never blew out any of comenity's accounts (never had one) and cleared cache, cookies, & allowed pop-ups all that--absolutely nothing was offered to me!  

The "trick" is to get credit issued without a hard inquiry appearing on your credit report. Comenity would still do a soft inquiry and if you meet the credit requirements you would get an offer of credit.

Reports for the past month have been that the "trick" is no longer offering credit with a soft pull but with a hard pull. The offer for credit is not automatic and does not work every time attempted.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally just tried @ VS and got it.  Can't speak for whether or not it's still a SP or not, since I'm not going to apply...but...still works..

Screenshot_9.png

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It might work but more thsn likely will be a hp. Op, welcome to the forums as nd thank you for engaging in our community. With a 711 , your score is good enough to qualify for better bank cards out there so if you are going to take a hp make it countSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
It might work but more thsn likely will be a hp. Op, welcome to the forums as nd thank you for engaging in our community. With a 711 , your score is good enough to qualify for better bank cards out there so if you are going to take a hp make it countSmiley Happy

+1!!!! OP my thread on SCT SP is dying out now. It's fair to say now expect a HP. But YMMV.

Message 6 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, welcome!

To say it doesnt work is a blanket statement, because it DOES work, just maybe not for you. Umpteen stories here on how it has worked.  The SCT works for some, but not everyone. Im one that has never been able to get it to work, but they approved me instantly on a cold app. I tried for 3 years post BK, and it never happened. Others with BK on their reports though, were able to get it to work. I dont think it matters...it works for some and not  others. 

IF you're doing it in hopes of it being a SP,  that doesnt happen anymore as well. Comenity did away with SP approvals awhile back. Always expect a HP for anything credit related, and be surprised if it doesnt happen. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another point to remember is that the info you are entering on the payment page must match what is in your credit report.

Your name spelled the same, same address, same phone, etc.

I havent used it for more than a year or so, but I would always have items in my shopping cart (some say you need larger ticket items) and I would use the tab key to go between fields on the payment screen and I would type slowly.  If an offer doesnt show up within a couple minutes after I completed the payment form, I would just abandon the purchase using the X at top of browser.

You also have to be in the 'Opt In' state, meaning you havent told CBs to withhold sending you credit offers.

Of course, you cant have the report frozen that they would look at.

HTH

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with the above posters...it works for some but not all. With that being said, if it’s not a card you’d take an HP for, don’t try it. And that’s ok....as we should only be apping for cards we really want and will use, so an HP should be worth it. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never tried nor used the SCT until today (and have no Comenity cards except a Victoria Secret that was charged off 9 years ago)...decided to create a Williams Sonoma account just to see what would happen and immediately after doing the billing/shipping page during checkout I was offered a preapproved Williams Sonoma Visa credit card - so it's at least working on that website.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.