Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Walmart Store Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Walmart Store Credit Card

So I just was sitting here and decided app for a Walmart credit card, now I have there store card already, just wanted the MasterCard and I know they try you for that first, so I can app and says approved! I thought it was the MasterCard but it's not, it's the store card! I didn't know they would give someone 2 accounts for a store card.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Walmart Store Credit Card

So they just give you whatever card they approved you for?  Sounds like you need to call them and try a recon?  

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would think if I didn't qualify for the MasterCard they would just decline the app because I already have the store card.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I recon for a MasterCard?
Message 4 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

This is common for some of us on here, you can have two of the slam accounts for a lot of their stores. I've ended up with two SAMs clubs, several TJX store cards, AEO etc.

Best strategy is get your TU up to high 680-690 and apply in store for best results on visa/mc.
Message 5 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

You can't recon something like that with synch.
Message 6 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
You can't recon something like that with synch.

+1

No recon available to change store card brand to bankcard. Doesn't happen.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 8 of 19
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
This is common for some of us on here, you can have two of the slam accounts for a lot of their stores. I've ended up with two SAMs clubs, several TJX store cards, AEO etc.

Best strategy is get your TU up to high 680-690 and apply in store for best results on visa/mc.

+1. That's what I did to get the AEO Visa card--only in my case they pulled EX.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAddict456 wrote:
So I just was sitting here and decided app for a Walmart credit card, now I have there store card already, just wanted the MasterCard and I know they try you for that first, so I can app and says approved! I thought it was the MasterCard but it's not, it's the store card! I didn't know they would give someone 2 accounts for a store card.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.