Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Strange Tale of CSR Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Strange Tale of CSR Approval

Ok glad to hear that. It makes some sense, cause I heard someone else on the forum mentioning they’d never do business with Comenity and Barclay but I never got a reason. Fingers crossed that I never have to worry about that, cause I enjoy my sub-5% utilization.
Message 11 of 16
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and Chase is a fickle yet funny beast.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as explained, AA is Adverse Action, reducing CL or closing account. In my case, it was because I applied for both Freedom and Unlimited on the same day, so the computer did not detect the other account opening, and the Risk person thought it was too risky to extend both cards upon review. AA's are often triggered by many accounts being opened, or reckless use of credit after opening (think, you max out your credit the first two statements). The lender feels you're too risky, so they reduce risk.

My AAoA is about 4 months? Total history ~1.25 years. To be honest, I am a bad data point on that because I am the target market for CSR, wealthy millenials (I work in tech so I'm 22 with a ~150,000 dollar income, I just got promoted). I've heard Chase likes AAoA >1 year for CSR, with two years of credit history. As the CSR is a "premium" card, I suspect they give people with good incomes the benefit of the doubt.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. I’ve got 2y11m AAoA on EQ, 3y4m on TU, and 4 years history overall. Only have 4 open card accounts, and a paid-off auto-loan. I’m also 22, but my income is nowhere near six figures (hopefully it will be once I graduate with my bachelors in the coming Spring). I’m hoping my file is thin enough for Chase.
Message 14 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 15 of 16
Lemark
Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! Took a big risk as well since my 5/24 card just dropped to 4/24 but on Chase credit score was showing 5 accounts. Got temp freecreditscore site to show what bureau will see and it had 4 so went ahead to apply ( why not it was election night lol ). I got dreaded 30 day message, then a few mins email of 7 - 10 days but decided not to call and let the underwriters figure things out. I checked later today and saw CSR was approved on site! I think it time for some gardening or maybe not since 1 target still on my list.

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.