Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3x CLI questions

Good evening guys, I  was approved for AMEX Everyday Preferred Card with a low SL of 1k.  I was wondering if you can request a 3x CLI as soon as your card arrives?  Second question if said CLI is approved, are you suspended from another CLI on all your cards for 6 months or just on that particular card the CLI was granted?  

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX 3x CLI questions

you have to wait 61 days before requesting the 3x limit.  with a $500 or $1000 SL, it's recommended to wait at least 6 months. Amex allows one CLI request across all of their cards at a time, so if denied, you have to wait 91 days to try again, and if approved, you need to wait 181 days to try again.

Message 2 of 6
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Is this your first Amex?

I have had Amex Zync since 2011.  I applied for the Cash Magnet on 4/4/19 and had to call in right after to verify my identity.  I was approved with a 10k limit and he specifically said this amount was computer generated and if I wanted a higher credit line to call when I recieved the card.   I got the below email to add it to my account right after approval.

I was in "Account Services" and saw the Increase Credit Limit so I figured it can't hurt since he told me to call in once I got the card anyway, even though I didn't have the card yet.  I put in $30k (3x) but it came back with an offer for $20k so I took it.  I'll try another CLI down the road.

Keep in mind, this may be because I already have an account with them and maybe the automatic computer generated limit had something to do with it as well and there could really be more on the table so to speak like he stated and YMMV.

Untitled.jpg

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You actually can request before 61days but as Brian said if denied, gotta wait 91 days to try again. Amex is 1 increase per card member per 6 months. By the way , i did achieve a 3x in my first 2 weeks, but alas my only 3x lolSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my 3rd Amex card.  BLUE CASH Preferred 10k, AMEX GOLD NPSL, and AMEX EVERYDAY Preferred 1k

Message 5 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You probably should have mentioned that earlier. Whether you can request will depend on your last attempt 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.