Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Approvals

I have been reading the forum rather diligently the last year or so.  I have finally decided to create an account and get involved in the community.  

I just applied for the following:

• AMEX Blue Business Plus - SL of $9k
  • AMEX Gold - NPSL

Instant approvals on both.  I am excited to start earning MR points.  My only other AMEX card is the Blue Cash Everyday.  Future AMEX cards on my radar: AMEX Blue Delta and AMEX Hilton Honors.  Looking to earn some decent sign up bonuses in the future without any annual fees on these these two cards when I apply for them.

Data Points: 

• 750 score across the board
  • Credit length of about 14 months
  • Perfect repayment history
  • PIF every month
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approvals

Congratulations on your AMEX approvals! 

Message 2 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the forum, @Anonymous, and congrats on your approvals!

Message 3 of 18
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Congratulations on those approvals! Seems like you're off to a good start.

As for that user name though... well, my brother went to Auburn, so I guess I'll forgive you.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha just graduated from Auburn last year!  Your brother made a good decision!

Message 5 of 18
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats an another Amex! 

Message 6 of 18
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Are you able to check to see if it was a SP on Ex?  I'd be interested to know even though you have not been with them for a long period of time.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex BBP and Amex Gold approvals! Smiley Very Happy

I would recommend going with the Amex Gold Delta instead of the Blue Delta. The Gold has 60k miles SUB vs 10k miles SUB and the annual fee is waived the first year. In the 13th month, you can always downgrade it to the Blue Delta the $95 AF will be reimburse.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Amex BBP and Amex Gold approvals! Smiley Very Happy

I would recommend going with the Amex Gold Delta instead of the Blue Delta. The Gold has 60k miles SUB vs 10k miles SUB and the annual fee is waived the first year. In the 13th month, you can always downgrade it to the Blue Delta the $95 AF will be reimburse.

That's an excellent point!  I will definitely consider going that route instead.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new cards! Always a good feeling to get a new Amex Smiley Happy I have the Hilton Honors base card and the HH Ascend and I’ll tell you, when you get ready to app, look into the Ascend. The $95 AF is pretty minimal for the increased earning structure, bigger signup bonus, and complimentary Gold status at the hotels vs the Silver that you get with the base card.

I’ll be combining limits and closing the base card after the first of the year - the Ascend is well worth its AF.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.