Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (May 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCP Approval

@babson: I actually thought of a PC. As Uncle B stated; the sign up bonus was worth the ding in score and AAoA for my lifestyle.  I have a large family so I wanted a card to replace my recently closed SM and the BCP fills that with an extra 1%, we will have no problem using the $6k per year limit before finishing up the year with the BCE for groceries.  The BCP offer came with a $450 bonus, $250 for a $1k spend in three months and up to $200 for my cellhone purchases.  So in essence, all I have to do is pay my cellphone bill for the next three months with the card and I get $450 for doing something I was gonna do anyway. The groceries are just extra gravy and the $250 for $1k spend based on my very basic arthmetic covers 3.25 years of AF.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, I'm very happy with the approval though, I wish the limit was higher and the APR lower but, I plan to PIF.  I'll try to get a 3x cli at 61 days and when it's time, I'll transfer some of my BCE limit and shoot for an APR just because.

@juniornj23 The stats in my signature were the stats when I apped.  My baddies are: a paid in full for less than the amount (settlement) on a BofA account from 1/11, a foreclosure from 1/12 and (2) 30 days lates from 2013.  Scores and HP's are the same as in my sig. 

I must say I've had a very busy 90 days.  The end of March 2016 I had 7 credit cards.  As of this approval, I have apped and was approved for 7 more cards. One of the approvals, I closed upon activation (Discover IT) and I closed two more older cards (Sallie Mae and AARP) and replaced them.  My AAoA dropped 1.2 yrs from 5.4 to 4.2 years as of the result of 5 of the new accounts reporting and their respective HPs. I was recently approved for Blispay card and like many here; I'm hoping it is a hidden TL and I expect to take another hit when the BCP reports.  The positive is I can now enter the garden, there are no other cards currently out that I want. I was considering the BCP and the new Citi Costco Visa but, I don't think I need the Costco card now.   The scores in my sig and the drops in points are the result of my app spree.

Message 13 of 17
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, on a great addition!!!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious, why did you close Sallie Mae?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wanderingbuilder I wanted the Sallie Mae for the 5% gas and groceries mainly. What l didn't like was the threat of AA looming for using my credit as l see fit. So I got the PenFed gas card and a 5% gas card from USAA. The BCP for groceries at 6%, so now I don't worry about Barclays quirkiness.
Message 16 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.