Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI request taking forever. UPDATE - CLI Approved

tag
Shan888
Established Member

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI request taking forever. UPDATE - CLI Approved

Hello All,

So I have AMEX Blue Cash Preferred since 2019. And during this time I have requested CLI twice and was approved Instantly (as usual). And I would like to mention I do not follow the, "3x" CLI requesting limit. I just request little bit of increase. eg. I started at 8k I requested 4k increase - Approved. After 6 months requested another 4k CLI - Approved. However, this time after little over 6 months I went over to Amex CLI page online and entered 5k and upon pressing submit; the website returned with an error. The error said nothing but something like no response from server etc. Okay So I called Amex couple hours later to find if they even recieved my request which they stated yes. So I explained what happened on their website and I was told by rep that my application is being reviewed and It'll take 24 to 48 hrs. Note that I submitted that request on 02/04/2021 and still no update. I use to call them every day and I was given same answer, "Please wait 24 to 48 hours" and the application is still under review. I ask them everytime If I'm denied to which they say NO and if AMEX need some documents again they say Nope. So finally I called last friday and the rep told me the CLI team did have an update on 02/12/2021 and the update simply is that team is still reviewing my application Man Mad and the rep told me to wait for a week and then call back. **bleep**!!!! I am so pissed off. I like this card a lot and use it regularly. I do not carry any balance and I pay everything as soon as possible. My scores arent that bad.

FICO - 745 Score 8
Transunion - 750
Equifax - 739
So Far AMEX did no hardpull. I don't know whats going on. Theres no 7-10 days message either and I have not recieved any email/ mail or any chat convo from them
Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI request taking forever.

@Shan888 wrote:

Hello All,

So I have AMEX Blue Cash Preferred since 2019. And during this time I have requested CLI twice and was approved Instantly (as usual). And I would like to mention I do not follow the, "3x" CLI requesting limit. I just request little bit of increase. eg. I started at 8k I requested 4k increase - Approved. After 6 months requested another 4k CLI - Approved. However, this time after little over 6 months I went over to Amex CLI page online and entered 5k and upon pressing submit; the website returned with an error. The error said nothing but something like no response from server etc. Okay So I called Amex couple hours later to find if they even recieved my request which they stated yes. So I explained what happened on their website and I was told by rep that my application is being reviewed and It'll take 24 to 48 hrs. Note that I submitted that request on 02/04/2021 and still no update. I use to call them every day and I was given same answer, "Please wait 24 to 48 hours" and the application is still under review. I ask them everytime If I'm denied to which they say NO and if AMEX need some documents again they say Nope. So finally I called last friday and the rep told me the CLI team did have an update on 02/12/2021 and the update simply is that team is still reviewing my application Man Mad and the rep told me to wait for a week and then call back. **bleep**!!!! I am so pissed off. I like this card a lot and use it regularly. I do not carry any balance and I pay everything as soon as possible. My scores arent that bad.

FICO - 745 Score 8
Transunion - 750
Equifax - 739
So Far AMEX did no hardpull. I don't know whats going on. Theres no 7-10 days message either and I have not recieved any email/ mail or any chat convo from them
Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks

No idea what's going on, but I'd just let it play out. 

I'm struck by your comment that you PIF and pay off charges as soon as possible, so is the increase really vital and a reason to be "pissed off"? Sometimes it helps to remember that CLIs are sometimes just an ego stroke but really do little to attribute to the cards value/purpose. 

Message 2 of 19
Shan888
Established Member

That's just me. I like to pay off balances and I guess it's a good thing? I like to keep my credit utilization to very low to nothing. However, At the same time I want CLI.

Message 3 of 19
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Shan888 wrote:

That's just me. I like to pay off balances and I guess it's a good thing? I like to keep my credit utilization to very low to nothing. However, At the same time I want CLI.

I get you and I understand. I'd also want a CLI as often as I could get one.

Do remember that Amex is one of the good lenders when it comes to that though. Many others require a hard pull and still potentially deny your request. You've already increased your limit substantially in less than 2 years, that's hard to do with many other lenders. If they're hesitant to grant your CLI at this point, I would take it as a sign. Maybe something from your profile is spooking them. Maybe your income vs risk level (available utilization across your entire profile) are getting too close for their comfort levels at this point in time. Perhaps you're requesting above $25K which seems to be an issue for many and Amex. It could be any number of things causing this delays. I would say be patient.

If they respond with an increase offering you only a portion of the increase you requested, I would accept it and be thankful you got anything at all...because that's still more than you're likely to get with the other guys.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 19
Shan888
Established Member

I was making sure I'm not asking too much from AMEX. That's why I wasn't following 3X CLI formula. After this Increase my Limit will be 21k that's not even close to 25k. 
I have read AMEX starts asking for documentation if the CLI request is above 25k but in my case it's pretty reasonable. 
Anyways the only thing to do for now is to wait. 

Message 5 of 19
Shan888
Established Member

update- Amex granted requested CLI.

thanks all for their help, tips and advice.

Message 6 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Shan888 wrote:

update- Amex granted requested CLI.

thanks all for their help, tips and advice.

Very nice!  They gave the full 5K then?

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 19
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI request taking forever. UPDATE - CLI Approved

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 8 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 9 of 19
Fico_Salamanca
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

>

>

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.