Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska USA secured graduated after I applied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alaska USA secured graduated after I applied

I've had this Alaska USA secured card now for over 4 years.  Only credit card I've had ever.  After recently going on a bender and applying for Discover, Chase Freedom, NCFU cash rewards, Capital One Quicksilver and Amex BCE and being approved for all of them I figured that I might as well call in on this one and see if they could graduate my card.  They told me I would have to apply and take the HP to find out.  Was approved and they doubled my limit to $1500.00.  I'm done with cards for at least a year.  I have some really great cards now that should grow nicely.  I'm happy to get my $750.00 deposit back too lol!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alaska USA secured graduated after I applied

Nice set of cards you have there, congratulations. It's always nice to see a secured card graduate good job.
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Definitely a really good spree to head off to nurture in the garden. Couldnt ask for a nicer set of diversitySmiley Happy. Grats on the the graduation. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Definitely a really good spree to head off to nurture in the garden. Couldnt ask for a nicer set of diversitySmiley Happy. Grats on the the graduation. Smiley Wink

I want a Citi card too though lol.  I'll wait though

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Theres your garden goal haha lol! Research the one you want and then set it up. Remember Citi doesnt like too many recent inqs so 6 months to a year will really help you thereSmiley Happy i really like Citi as yheyve helped me along the way but the need for hps for clis drives me nutsSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had this Alaska USA secured card now for over 4 years.  Only credit card I've had ever.  After recently going on a bender and applying for Discover, Chase Freedom, NCFU cash rewards, Capital One Quicksilver and Amex BCE and being approved for all of them I figured that I might as well call in on this one and see if they could graduate my card.  They told me I would have to apply and take the HP to find out.  Was approved and they doubled my limit to $1500.00.  I'm done with cards for at least a year.  I have some really great cards now that should grow nicely.  I'm happy to get my $750.00 deposit back too lol!

LOL, same here. Went from 500 to 1500 in October 2014 when graduated.  Later fixed 10.5 from 14.5 apr.  Congrats, think I might let it wither (depends on if I keep the account open, they are good for SSLs).  Was my first for rebuild as well.  Just got Alaska Airlines card, much better rewards wise.

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Its such a good feeling when the secured cards graduate, and honestly....I would not have had the patience you did to wait it out 4 years....no way, lol! Congrats to you!! Enjoy Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Its such a good feeling when the secured cards graduate, and honestly....I would not have had the patience you did to wait it out 4 years....no way, lol! Congrats to you!! Enjoy Smiley Happy

Honestly my credit was so bad a few years ago when I first got the card that I really didn't even care.  Alaska doesn't do any kind of credit check when you apply for a secured card they give one to anybody.  Also when I first got the card I didn't know much about proper card usage and the whole keep it under 30% deal and your scores will steadily increase.  I **bleep** near maxed it out and made minimum payments every month thinking that was how to rebuild correctly lol.  Wish I knew then what I know now cuz I'd be sitting pretty right now.  What a difference a little bit of knowledge makes.

Message 8 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Honestly my credit was so bad a few years ago when I first got the card that I really didn't even care.  Alaska doesn't do any kind of credit check when you apply for a secured card they give one to anybody.  Also when I first got the card I didn't know much about proper card usage and the whole keep it under 30% deal and your scores will steadily increase.  I **bleep** near maxed it out and made minimum payments every month thinking that was how to rebuild correctly lol.  Wish I knew then what I know now cuz I'd be sitting pretty right now.  What a difference a little bit of knowledge makes.

I was actually a non active member of the forums when I got mine.  Watched Suze Orman, gal on had same profile, recommended CU card at 300, got the minimum at 500.  Found I still used my Paypal (at the time 1.5% cash back) card more.  Later, approved pay for play legacy visa, took that.  The rest is history when my foot broke, and I cleaned up my reports.  Far better card to rebuild with then credit one or first premier IMHO.  Smiley Wink. Congrats on that rebuild again.  It's only up from here.

Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

😁😃<____!!!!!!!!NOIIICE!!!!!!!_____>😃😁
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.