Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card Approval

tag
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Amazon Prime Store Card Approval

What have I done?   I have been happily in the garden since last September, waiting for the perfect time to join NFCU and apply for my next credit card in my rebuild.   I was in no rush.  I wanted to go as long as possible from my last credit card approval, which was Discover cashback.  One scoreable inquiry fell off this month.  Another will fall off next month, across all CRAs, from buying my car.    I shop on Amazon all the time.  They had the $60 gift card to sign up.  I had no idea they pulled TransUnion, my lowest FICO score by far.  It's around 20 points less than Exp or Eq.    Anyway, I was approved for $1,500.  It seems I'm never going to break out from a CL of $1500.

Congratulations to me -- I guess?    I never wanted a store card.  I worry about dealing with a Snychrony-backed card.  I read older reviews saying paying online with them connected to Amazon was a pain and not credited quickly.  Is that true?  I blame the Ambien I took before bed.  I was in an altered state of mind when I app'd.  LOL   

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card Approval

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 2 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jannelo wrote:

I blame the Ambien I took before bed.  I was in an altered state of mind when I app'd.  LOL   

omg!Smiley Very Happy^^^^  Lol! don't feel bad.

But........congrats and maybe since you will use it a lot they will be generous upon cli requests.  Good Luck and enjoy!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have never ever had a problem paying online , easy peasey. Not sure why people have mentioned that lately, I have never had issues👍

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy its a great card , sl is normal. I started at $1200 , card now at $10k, low income. 

Forget about those online reviews, thats usually from people with a gripe to make so they use that platform to lash out. Most of us have good experiences with this card. 

Message 5 of 21
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the card, even if you aren't sure it's in order!

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

@Jnbmom wrote:

I have never ever had a problem paying online , easy peasey. Not sure why people have mentioned that lately, I have never had issues👍

^^ I make at least 1 payment a month to my Amazon card and have had Z-E-R-O issues.

Message 7 of 21
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, everyone!  Your posts make me feel a lot better.   I will get a lot of use out of it as a Prime member, and it seems to have good perks.   

And, thanks, AJ.  It's nice to hear it grows.  

I am now going to have to move my NFCU dream out at least three more months or more.  I do not want to have a lot of apping on my credit report or new CCs showing close together.  I did want my FICO scores to be higher for NFCU.  My strategy has been that by not having any more cards for a while (since last September) that maybe I would look more attractive in Discover's eyes and get some great CLIs in the coming months.  My first CLI request, after three months, was declined.   I was borderline accepted as it was, without a 0 percent for 12 months offer attached to it.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 8 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

ThisSmiley Wink. Where the Synchrony is bad reviews are coming from, especially PPMC is beyond meSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont worry @Jannelo  Navy will take care of youSmiley Happy if you dont believe me just wait for a post ill be adding later todaySmiley Wink

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.