Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Storecard to Replace SallieMae

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

Amazon Storecard to Replace SallieMae

Since SallieMae is going to be dead soon and I was able to get Student Prime for 6 months free, I applied for the Amazon Store Card. 

My initial approval was for $2200, which alerted instantly on TU. Amazon gave me a $50 gift card for signing up with my Student Prime account.

I called my favorite number 1-877-379-8173 and asked for $20,000 to match my Sams card, they texted me and then put me on hold for a few minutes, they apologized that they could not give me 20k but could give me 10k instead...

I am overjoyed with a $10,000 credit limit on my new Amazon Prime Card. This will definitely replace my SallieMae.

Amazon TU 772 shows me at 20 points lower then Sams TU 792 which is weird.

I was able to call Sync customer service and get the whole credit card number to setup my amazon prime store card account today.

On a side note..

If anyone has a valid .edu email address and wants a free 6 months of student prime let me know, I can refer you and both of us get a $10 gift card. Smiley Very Happy

After 6 months it cost half  - $49 a year instead of $99.

The only college questions they asked is for the .edu email address, when is graduation (June and 4 years worked fine), and what field of study, you then need to be able to verify it from your .edu email address. 

Now I'm back to being a lil seedling.. I had no apps since May 16 dang it.... Stupid Barclay...

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Replaced SallieMae

Congrats! The 20 point diff in scores is probably the date it was pulled..... that or they are diff FICO versions. Not sure what Sams is. Amazon is TU FICO 8. Id guess it was the date. They will say under your score when they were pulled.

Congrats again!
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice indeed JamP, with your score so high im durprided they didnt give the full 20k but i find Amazon a tougher nut to crack than other Synch accounts .

Sams ,Walmart, Amazon are all Fico 8 scores. Could be if he set up the fico monitoring on different days could be ehy seeing to different scores.
Message 3 of 11
JamP
Valued Contributor

Thank you guys. The free $50 gift card was applied to the account instantly which was icing on the cake.

What is the highest Amazon credit line you guys have seen?

If I ever decide to apply for Lowes I will want that Sync credit line to be my largest anyways.

If I read correctly Sync has a max exposure of 100k so I am hopefully safe for quite some time.

Anyone else here hate taking HP's as much as me, its like pulling teeth. It wasn't so bad when I was younger, I didn't care as much.

Luckily all my car loan HP's fall off this month, so my TU will look a bit better.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

JamP congrats on your approval, I did the same thing.

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I know for sure of one poster who had 16k on Amazon but im sure it can go abit higher. As with most Synch cards, ymmv.
Message 6 of 11
JamP
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys for the congratz.
@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I know for sure of one poster who had 16k on Amazon but im sure it can go abit higher. As with most Synch cards, ymmv.

So maybe it will grow, I just don't plan on asking for any more CLI on my two Sync cards..

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 7 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Huge congrats, my friend!  screamer.gif

That's a sweet limit on an awesome card!  Smiley Very Happy

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Storecard to Replace SallieMae

Yeah, i think 10k is perfect limit for Amazon, id like to get it to at least 8k but if mine stayed at 6 im not gonna cry haha. If you want this card any higher just give a call in few months to see what CS givesSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Storecard to Replace SallieMae

Thank you UB. I am pretty excited since Salliemae is dead and the Discover promotion is off.

I am at 30k exposure with Sync, I don't want to poke the bear...

I will be watching the other topic of Chase Amazon becoming 5% though... I wonder how many have a $10k sl on the Chase Amazon. 

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.