Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 5th approval in 6 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 5th approval in 6 months

Applied two days ago and was denied... Tried again today approval. This happened last month with my Amazon approval.
Have wanted this card, but Have not been patient enough to not apply for other cards.
A few days ago I transferred 30M r's to Hilton with the 3 × 1 offer so I already have 90000 points. I went through the Hilton website so I got 80K sign up bonus. I have to check how long the offer is good for by I may use my gold and BBP card to earn MR's to transfer to Hilton while giving the Hilton in card a decent amount of spend. But it makes much more sense while I can get the transfer ratio at 1 to 3 points to use my MrR earning cards. Then transfer. But I do like the fact I will be earning about 2 and a 1/2 percent cash back or 5 points on gas restaurants and supermarkets when I use this card.
The 5th night free feature is awesome for me as I Usually go on vacation for 5 nights. I only travel 2 times per year as of now.
4th revolver. My 1st AMEX approval was gold card in May. This is also my 1st personal revolver.
12th Credit card approval in 12 months. 3 of those were business through amex.
Not sure of my credit limit I asked and was told I will know my limit when I get my card .
732 FICO ex.
I am very happy with the 4 Revolver's. I know there is either a 4 or 5 card limit. I do not expect any applications for credit For a while but I have said that before in the past.
I did not show as pre approved online with American Express.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex 5th approval in 6 months

Congrats!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally closes my bucketed 500 Quicksilver card!!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious, since you went through Hilton Website did Amex HP you?

Congrats!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I thought you had to wait 31 days after a denial or auto cancel?

Message 7 of 21
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! I thought you had to wait 31 days after a denial or auto cancel?

I think he was 2 days too early for the 2/90 revolver rule and the first application was probably automatically cancelled( i dont think they count the auto cancel).  Possibly.

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 8 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 21
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.