Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP Approval

Just applied for American Express Blue Cash Preferred. I'm moving away from MR since I just don't use them anymore. Got verification. Called in, verified information from public record and got approved. For some reason, the gentleman I was on the phone with offered to UPS overnight me the card.

$2k limit.

Gonna pay off my ED and probably shift most or all of the limit of $10k to the BCP and just keep the ED open with a nominal amount or close it. 

OK -- and that marks the end of the 'just bought a house' mini-spree. Chase Amazon, BCP, and Citi Double Cash. Over and OUT.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP Approval

congrats, good job man. nice line up you got there.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals and your new home!!!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Great card!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yeah. I mostly grocery shop anyway, and the new house added 36mi/day to my commute. The 6%/3% seemed like a no brainer compared to the 3x/2x MR I'm getting now. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for American Express Blue Cash Preferred. I'm moving away from MR since I just don't use them anymore. Got verification. Called in, verified information from public record and got approved.

$2k limit.

Gonna pay off my ED and probably shift most or all of the limit of $10k to the BCP and just keep the ED open with a nominal amount or close it. 

OK -- and that marks the end of the 'just bought a house' mini-spree. Chase Amazon, BCP, and Citi Double Cash. Over and OUT.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you  !!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for American Express Blue Cash Preferred. I'm moving away from MR since I just don't use them anymore. Got verification. Called in, verified information from public record and got approved. For some reason, the gentleman I was on the phone with offered to UPS overnight me the card.

$2k limit.

Congrats on the Approval!

Just some food for thought, you could probably wait until after you get a 3X CLI at 61 days too $6,000 THEN move the ED Card's credit line over.  If I remember correctly Amex would consider the moving of the ED Card's line as a limit increase for the BCP and that would make you ineligible for the 3X CLI. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? That's strange, because I got a CLI on my ED 2 months ago and it already let me reallocate 5k of the limit to the BCP. I also found a blog (might be old info) that says you can reallocate every 30 or 60 days (can't remember). Again, that might be outdated information.

The interesting thing is that a week later, Amex still hasn't HP'd me (and I pulled fresh CCT reports yesterday), and the score they used for approval was my last soft. Maybe I snuck through, though I'm not counting on it.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$2k limit.

I hate you and all that get an Amex Blue Cash or Preferred Blue Cash Card!  

No seriously I am jelly and Congratulations. 

Keep us posted on the shuffling of balances that would be interesting to learn about ... 

Congratulations on your new home - your new card - and your domestic grocery shopping trips! 

WAH-Hoooo ! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.