Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Card (First AMEX) Approval!!

tag
jimmy2000
New Contributor

Amex Cash Card (First AMEX) Approval!!

Well, was browsing around and checked for Pre-Qualified Amex offers. 

I was pre-qualified for the Amex Cash, Amex EveryDay, and Amex Gold.

The $200 sign up bonus for the Cash caught my eye (I don't spend enough to justify $250 on the Gold), so I decided I'd risk the hard pull.

To my surprise...APPROVED, and to another surprise..for $15,000!!!

Happy 19th Birthday to me!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Cash Card (First AMEX) Approval!!

Treat it well and it will treat you well back. Always love these stories of kids working on their credit and being interested in credit. I'm in my 30's and was told credit cards are evil my whole childhood. Not knowing a **bleep** thing about how important it is. Not to get 20 cards and go crazy, but building cards and using them responsibly (which I hope you will!). Having that history, when you're into your mid 20's, with responsible use, you will be sitting pretty for credit success.

That's awesome. Congrats on that monster SL and your first AMEX card. Very nice accomplishment at 19. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow! Congrats that is a huge line for 19 years old. Treat it responsibly, Amex is like Homie, mess up , they dont play datSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

You're on fire, and way ahead of me when I was 19.  Congrats on the awesome addition!!

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditRebuilder2020 wrote:

Treat it well and it will treat you well back. Always love these stories of kids working on their credit and being interested in credit. I'm in my 30's and was told credit cards are evil my whole childhood. Not knowing a **bleep** thing about how important it is. Not to get 20 cards and go crazy, but building cards and using them responsibly (which I hope you will!). Having that history, when you're into your mid 20's, with responsible use, you will be sitting pretty for credit success.

That's awesome. Congrats on that monster SL and your first AMEX card. Very nice accomplishment at 19. 

Back in the day they were considered taboo but today with everyone using credit scores and credit reports for everything one does not have  a choice but to keep their credit in order.

And OP congrats on your new Amex card. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval, and killer SL!!
Message 6 of 11
jimmy2000
New Contributor

My whole family will disown me if I pay ever pay a penny in interest.

But I would agree and I still think it is taboo to get a credit card as a means to finance random stuff.  They're great to keep your FICO score in order, and earn free stuff, but I could never imagine handing AMEX a penny at the 26% rate that will take effect when the promotional period is over.

Message 7 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"$15,000!!! Happy 19th Birthday to me!!!"

Well I Guess so!

Message 8 of 11
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the AMEX clubhouse. Be sure to attend member orientation. You're on your way!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have fun using it !

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.